Next 10x Stock Winner

Current 200-day SMA is at $53.28. MACD is about to cross above signal but is still below zero line. The best technical setup is to dip to test 200-day SMA and close higher for the day, ideally a dragonfly doji :slight_smile: and a bullish divergence shown in RSI and stochastic. Put a GTC buy at $55 because not sure it would dip that low. Now that you talk about calls, may be I should place a GTC BTO call at $54 equivalent price :slight_smile:

1 Like

Miss by 10 cents :frowning: So be it… let it rips then :slight_smile: Got 250 shares.

1 Like

It didn’t make the screen but PSTG just broke out. Now I’m wondering they they didn’t. They are growing fast enough, GM is high enough, market cap is small enough. They are hardware which isn’t sexy, but they are doing very well. They’ve had a nice move up the last 2 earnings announcements WGO also broke out. I wouldn’t invest in it, but that’s a sign consumers have money to spend on stuff. That’s bullish.

1 Like

NTNX and UBNT roar back to life, hope you guys bought what Mr Market offered few days/ weeks ago. IRBT continues to suffer MF curse, yesterday MF published another pumping article and shorts take it as a signal to pile in.

Sep is almost over :grinning:

1 Like

Add SUPN and EFX roar back too !

IRBT, I have put a limit buy at $70, let me see how it works !

Considering buying some calls for IRBT, price is low enough to apply leverage, but haven’t decided on the price, and IV is high. Easy decision for UBNT, NTNX and VEEV… underlying is red but calls are green enough to compensate and over :grinning: Buying underlying is too cautious :sweat_smile:

Was thinking of closing UBNT short put and using money to buy call spread. It’s not quite enough to do it yet. I’d be increasing my total bet.

Gaps are not always filled. Even if filling, can be just below higher price, mid-way, slightly above lower price or completely… no way to tell how the gap would be filled :grin: IRBT is banging against 200-day/ 52-week EMA. The fib 61.8% is at $68.66. Even though I think is unlikely to hit $70, place a GTC BTO call (Dec $70) at equivalent price of $70 just in case Jil is right.

2 Likes

Quote below from the MF’s article, Is iRobot Corporation a Buy? doesn’t sound that positive, even though it ends with a buy recommendation. If is not a good word to use. Apple has always been undervalued compare with its growth potential because it is a hardware platform with a checkered past. Hardware platform companies are always valued lower than software companies because of the need for inventory and high variable cost. Software companies have zero inventory and near zero variable cost. Current AAPL’s P/E (fwd) = 13.83 whereas IRBT = 28.41. So I have to wonder at this price, is IRBT still overvalued?

Yes, the competition is increasing and likely to be fierce. Yes, its stock trades for a pretty rich premium to its historical valuation and the overall stock market. But if management can continue executing on its growth strategy, keep introducing new products to the market in new areas, and maintain its technological edge by steady investments in R&D, I think today’s price could look like a real bargain in a decade.

1 Like

Shark vacuum may take away some percentage share, or reduce profit margin as IRBT may need to reduce price, but not decimate the company.

I read this motley fool post, but still think IRBT is good buy at 69 or 70, already put a limit buy at 70. even if it goes down, it is fine to hold as quarterly results will reverse the course.

I just don’t get the hype around IRBT. Their revenue growth is unimpressive for their size. They’ve been around how long and their one product is a vacuum? They should have far more products by now. Growth isn’t going to accelerate without a bunch more products.

Allure of IRBT is riding on robotics and AI mega-trend, specifically smart-home segment of IoT. Home cleaning is a big market and not yet saturated, so plenty of room to grow. Cleaning is also big market. What we want to know is can IRBT expands beyond home cleaning? I agree with you that the home cleaning business shouldn’t be worth that much, we are betting on smart home expansion :slight_smile: By the time, IRBT announces a new smart home product, price would have gone up a lot already (debatable of course)… investment is betting in the future, not the past or the present but something that is not known now but could be in the future :grin: based on the company’s business model, calibre of the leadership and the sector they are in. At present, I invest a little, still not very sure :relaxed: still trying to find out more.

They have a robot vacuum, mop, and pool cleaner. Those are basically small variations of the same product. I’d consider them a product and not a company yet. What are they inventing that’ll drive the next growth cycle? Are the innovations of existing products big enough to get current customers to upgrade? They’ve been around 25 years and developed 1 product. Where does all the R&D spending go? They spent $79M in 2016. They remind me of Open Table, Go Pro, or Pandora. There’s nothing after the initial product to drove the next wave of growth.

When I compare tech stocks, IRBT is not so impressive. They have good quality products, able to withstand the competition so far. They are still a small company at 2B level, long way to grow more.

Drop to $70 is low probability, my guess is $72 is the lowest if $74.86 is not the low.

1 Like

IRBT broke below 38.2% and is at support now. See the 1x GTC BTO call :slight_smile:
Short put ($90) when it was $90.
Short put ($80) when it was $80.
Now, if at $70, long call ($70) :slight_smile: , risk/reward is good enough :grin:

1 Like

2 greens, LQMT :joy: and UBNT :grin: in a sea of red.

1 Like

It looks like there’s a sale today. I may do some buying.

Bot some VEEVs… might go to $52 though. Also, some SYNA.
Watching SHOP and PANW, correction seems to be just started.

1 Like

Does anyone know what’s the rumor/news that’s affecting most stocks today?