Ok, This is Getting Ridiculous

I take issue here with your use of the word murder referring to assisted suicide. Also many doctors that will participate in assisted suicide do it because they have a conscience and don’t want people to suffer.

Yes, 95% of people can do it themselves, but that precludes those that are sick but don’t want to go before they are in too much pain.

1 Like

I understand that people might take issue with the word, but for some doctors, that is what it is to them. No one should be forced to violate their conscience which is what I assumed sfdragonboy was complaining about–people who took an oath to heal, not to kill, not wanting to participate in assisted suicide.

Are there conditions for which a person could not be given either pain relief or a sedative that would be effective in taking away the pain? When I hear that people died in pain in a hospital, I don’t understand why they weren’t given medication to take the pain away.

If you are in hospice care (my late wife was) you can be given morphine with no prescription necessary. That will take away the pain but if you are immobile you are still suffering.

1 Like

I think saying that you are “middle class” is the best bet. Because if you called yourself “lower class” then you would feel like you’re garbage. If you call yourself “upper class” then you come across as a snob. So, stick with your “middle class” label… :laughing:

2 Likes

I heard a director say, “We don’t travel much since the second kid. Four plane tickets is really expensive.” Right…

1 Like

Even Warren Buffet lives a middle class livestyle. Except for the private jets

I’m pretty sure they just expensed these onto the company budget for reimbursement… :wink:

Living a middle class lifestyle when possessing top 1% net worth is the best way to live… :rofl:

No, that’s the worst way. In Hong Kong even poor people have maids. Now that’s the way to live.

1 Like

Sure… my section 8 tenant is also considering hiring a maid to help her out with expenses all paid for by the government… :rofl:

Come on!!!

1 Like

And Mississippi probably has the best…

“California scored high in state economy (No. 4), but failed when it came to citizen opportunity (No. 46), fiscal stability (an understandable ranking at No. 43), and quality of life (dead least, at No. 50).”

That’s not surprising. Most of the opportunity is in SV and how many of those jobs go to people born and raised in CA? The state has a poverty rate equal to Pakistan.

1 Like

Now now… that’s a bit of an exaggeration…