Stocks vs real estate

Notice how Trump doesn’t use orange make up anymore…Do you think he reads our forum…

1 Like

The man is increasingly deranged. Running and winning may have taken 10 years out of the man’s life…

1 Like

After the last 8 years I’d use adjectives like “stable” and “sane” to describe what we have now. No AG ginning up race riots. No IRS going after organizations for political reasons. No illegal rescission’s of permits and clearances from Interior or FDA on the horizon. And if Trump calls on Putin to go in and clean up a mess somewhere I somehow doubt it will be after first drawing a “line in the sand” and then standing by while it’s crossed.
The only signs of derangement I’ve seen are our own governor thinking he’s above federal law.

1 Like

Well, just in case he DOES…

Rent control is sooooo bad… if Trump really wanted to get off the blacklist he ought to pick Supreme Court justices who are against rent control. That would GUARANTEE a second term for sure :grin:

1 Like

Hmmm, high school makes a killing but no one else will… Rigged!!!

Don’t use rigged, we know how well it went for…the cry baby.

Speaking of Putin, Twhitler’s lover, many countries in Europe are drafting people to start defensive maneuvers because they see they are being abandoned by somebody whose only preoccupation is how the “media” (not foxnew, not Inforwar, not Breitfart) treat him.

Please, while I may be vested in stocks via pension/401k what do you call a system that shuts down (trading stops/halted) if some crazy drop happens? R I G G E D

Let’s revisit this subject…

I calculated my own portfolio according to the timeframe of the article (Jan 2010 to May 2016),

Stock: up 210%
Primary home: up 68%
Net worth: up 185%

I beat the average! Yay!

1 Like

Geez, that is impressive. Where do I sign up for your newsletter?:slight_smile:

Read the article half-way, bored, TL;DR. Why compare running a business actively (SFH) with a passive involvement in the running of a business (stock)?

1 Like

AMZN up 440%
AAPL up 255%
BRK up 113%
SPY up 110%

2 Likes

Yes, I should’ve just dumped everything into Amazon instead! But I hate Seattle! :slight_smile:

Let us leave past history. What stocks are going to rock next 5 years?

If you say aapl, presently it is 750B, but reaching 1 Trillion takes 33% appreciation.

If you say Tesla, It is 46B, will it reach 250B ? …etc

2 Likes

I wonder about the next 5 years too. FB’s market cap is quite large now too. Are they going to quadruple from here? Most of the recent IPOs have flopped as a 2-4 year investment. I’m not sure who’s going to achieve the super high growth rates. I think companies are achieving them when they’re private. By the time they go public, the growth rates are much lower.

Small cap biotech is almost like playing options with the binary outcomes of trial phases. I’ll get back into XBI at some point. It’s an equal weighted ETF for small cap biotech.

SPY just held the 50-day which is positive. A new leadership group needs to emerge before it can go higher.

My prediction:

S&P will go to 3000
AAPL will go to 250
TSLA will go to 1000
Bay Area home prices to increase by anther 50%

2 Likes

Target date?

3 to 5 years

1 Like

Wow, all you cats are so bullish!!! No correction in the near term, at all (stocks or re)??? None???

Do you see a crash coming? I don’t.