SV really has become a leftists echo chamber

The one who won Christmas is Bezos. We should call it Bezomas.

2 Likes

I guess I see Christmas as more religious day than other non-Christian people.

When I first came to US, I joined volunteer group to organize parties for the community to learn cultures of this new country that I just moved to. Once I organized Easter Egg Hunt with jumpers, food and egg hunt and passed out flyers. One lady came to me and asked me if I could change the name of the party to “Spring Celebration” so that her kids could join the party without feeling awkward. I changed the flyer and from then on, I started not to use religious terms to others including greetings.

I never thought that “Happy Holiday” was politically invented by liberals.
I use it because I learn that “there are multiple Celebrations around this season by multiple cultures and religions”.
However, now I realize that many people do not like “Happy Holidays”. It is a bit surprising to me but good to know.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas!

Andy Williams was singing Happy Holidays in the 40s or 50s. Get over it!

2 Likes

Words can change meaning with time. “Happy holidays” was an innocent phrase until someone decided that phrase is more PC than “merry Christmas”. Now both terms are becoming taboo in the minds of some people. Blame that on that “someone” whomever they might be (we all know who they are… :rofl: )

I’m not a Christian but I say merry Christmas to people without any problem. I say happy holidays too… :laughing:

Happy things, wuqijun

:rofl:

Seasons greetings and happy holidays!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

:rofl:

Forcing anybody to say Merry Christmas, from the mouth of an Indian, a Chinese, Hispanic, a Jewish person, a Muslim, or anybody not celebrating 'Christmas", prosecuting Sikh people, Monks, and other religious people back in their country is the most laughable thing you can hear in this America of today.

These hypocrite people use their fake religion, and their fake religious leader never setting a foot on any church to make a miserable point. And right now, I bet you, they are not going to church any time soon. You can bet your house on it.

To be a conservative, in this political environment is to me the most hypocritical position you can take. Allow me to elaborate:

Whoever is defining what you say during Christmas is not a conservative, nor a liberal person but a dictatorial crazy person forcing down the throat of Americans alike that if you don’t say so, you are not American. What an idiot! Are we going to throw away the freedom of expression down the tubes because we want to break the legal notion known for many years of the separation between church and state?

Do you know there’s a gay group in the republican party? It’s called “LOG CABIN”. Man! Jesus! They are hated by conservative hypocrites. See how religious they are?

Then, are you so dumb to accept that the person trying to shove Christmas down your throat is the ideal person after he confessed he likes to grab women …ssies? Or, step into the dressing room of teenagers when they are most vulnerable, changing attire? Or, the hypocrite calling right in front of the cameras, where your kid is watching and listening, trying to emulate his leader, the famous “get that son of a bitch”? Are you for real people?

Are you a supporter of a fake Christian that couldn’t tell us how you read a bible? Corinthians 2 or second? Jesus Christ! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: I myself knew that! And I don’t go to any church at all because I have read that book called the bible!

Where did you think this vulgar person spend his “Christmas this year”? I can tell you something… not in a church, but playing golf spending up to now $90 Million that can be spent on kids dying of hunger in our own streets. Are you for real? So much for a Christian, right?

So, for those hypocrite out there playing with saving Christmas, before you spout the liberal or conservative whatever, before you point fingers, or supporting the notion that we should, forcibly, say Merry Christmas, you should look at the constitution. There, you can find that you are not, as a leader of the government, getting the option to support the creation, giving powers into government, or the desecration of any religion at all. Simply put it this way, **you as representative of our government, you should just shut up, **, we are your boss and we can do whatever we please within the context of the law.

If you support that “Christianity” is the foundation of this country, and that anything in government should be done according to the Christian doctrine or religion, contrary to what the founding fathers thought, let me tell you something for the second time: Either you are an idiot for not knowing your constitution, or you are a fake religious people trying to trample everybody’s rights.

The first amendment to the Constitution says it all.

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

1 Like

@manch

Here you go

http://www.newsweek.com/how-trump-nazis-stole-christmas-promote-white-nationalism-755991

Saying Merry Christmas promotes white nationalism.

These guys are funny. Jesus!

1 Like

Merry Christmas. It is Russian Orthidox Christmas today.

3 Likes

Christmas or Epiphany? Or is the celebration at the end of the 12 days?

:slight_smile: http://learnrussian.rt.com/speak-russian/how-say-merry-christmas-russian

how-say-merry-christmas-russian_1-b

1 Like

They celebrate according to the old Julian calendar.
New year next weekend.

1 Like

Did you see the pictures of the president attending a Christmas mass?

Me neither. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/01/11/undercover-video-twitter-engineers-to-ban-a-way-of-talking-through-shadow-banning-algorithms-to-censor-opposing-political-opinions/

Google does the same with recommended search results.

spend it wisely?

There is no incentive for government to spend wisely. There is no competition.

Ask me how I know.

2 Likes

Don’t tell that to the new breed of segrationists. I always run into a few during Christmastime. They are ignorant of how much they are supporting the old “seperate but equal” meme.

It starts in college.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/201-facebook-political-diversity/a8dfe9ae492061f54455/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

Yup, and the bias greatly impacts which content is censored and which pages are banned.

1 Like