Tesla Q2 Deliveries

RDX was redesigned in 2013. The sportiness is gone since then(2012 & earlier are sporty to drive). I recently got to drive one(2017) for a couple of days… it’s not sporty to drive at all & I would skip it if one prefers sporty driving.

Good to know, but it is for my wifey who, while may occasionally be accused of having a lead foot, is not too concerned about how sporty her car drives. The thing she misses is sitting up a tad taller so that she can navigate in traffic and out of hidden spots.

Which cars can parallel park themselves?

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-self-parking-cars

1 Like

Did not know Prius has self parking.

I think your wife deserves an S class.

I lucked out I guess, my wifey does not really care for nice cars. From my experiences with my SL convertible she thinks maintenance > than fun so forget it. She simply wants some height, probably after having sat in my SUV for awhile now.

My wife drives a Rav 4. It’s smaller than my CRV but high up just like any other SUV. It can park in some god damn tight spots between driveways in SF where my CRV cant. Also sportier than my CRV. But it’s a pretty old model. Not sure about now.

1 Like

Yeah, I am planning to have her try several models in that category. Maybe if Toyota makes a nicer special edition version of the Rav 4 she may like that.

So you are looking at 30 to 40k expense. Cool. :sunglasses:

Before or after Chinese New Year?

Looked at RAV 4…The Prius has more room…Chose the Highlander…

Most likely after CNY, she is still recovering from jet lag practically…

Now, some consideration is being given to leasing a car. Yeah, I know, Chinese people don’t lease but my wife is the kind of person who likes to change cars often if possible. We may consider it.

The big guys are nervous…

1 Like

RAV4 definitely has more trunk space than RDX if that is imp to you

Jack Ma wants a piece of the action.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-29/alibaba-foxconn-invest-350-million-in-chinese-electric-startup?cmpid=socialflow-facebook-asia&utm_content=asia&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

This is going to be interesting, plenty of competition. Consumers like us would benefit immensely. At this moment, all I want is to have more sensors in the cars, no autonomous or even semi- until all regulations are in.

Steve Wozniak says he doesn’t trust Elon Musk or Tesla anymore

Wozniak said Elon Musk and his company have promised too much and delivered too little.
Wozniak said, and that for everyday driving, his go-to car is now an electric Chevrolet Bolt.

1 Like

More and more people are resigning too. CNBC just had an article on it.

I think Apple needs Telsa more than Tesla needs Apple… both stocks are a significant part of my portfolio, so I’m not sure if a merger would benefit me. Worst case scenario for me would be if both Apple and Tesla got hammered by their competition because they failed to merge and cooperate with each other when they had a chance to…

2 Likes

Apple is looking stale and boring. Tesla needs a lot of cash and is definitely not boring. Apples cash needs to go into something. Might even save Tesla.

1 Like

Apple doesn’t need a company that burns $1B of per cash per quarter. Tesla can’t go private, because who’d loan $50B to a company that’s losing money and burning cash like crazy? There’s no way they could afford the interest payments.

Apple barely spent any money on its car project. It’s not like they spent billions then never launched a product or launched a terrible one.

Why would Apple want to dilute its high margin business with a business projected to have 14% gross margins?

2 Likes