10 yr arm vs. 30 year Mortgage

If you own the company, you can setup yourself as a W-2 employee.

But if your company doesn’t have two years of positive business income then I’d imagine this is no go anyway. Maybe @manch can chime in on this?

It doesn’t matter if you’re a W-2 employee of your business instead of treating the business as a pass through. A LLC business can have W-2 employees on payroll.

Some consulting/contracting companies can hire you and send you to work at different companies, they will pay you as W2. If you want to form your own corporation and be a freelance software engineer, it might be difficult to find work. Securing contract is the most important part, and the most diffucult part

I’m super interested in having automatic money dumping to my door. Have you figured out how to get that? :rofl:

It’s not really about whether you get your self-employed income thru a W2 or simply pass-thru, the fact that you are self-employed automatically raises your credit risk in the eyes of the mortgage company. So maybe if your company’s tax return is not lumped into your personal return and you get an W2 from yourself, the bank won’t know and so can’t ding you? But then you lose a ton of tax benefits.

1 Like

You can always get a stated income mortgage and pay a higher interest rate. Your tax savings from business would more than offset the higher rate. As long as you have good income, it would not be a big problem even if lenders love you a little less