2017 Current Real estate, no slow down

Saratoga has an more upscale feel to it. More like an old country club. Lots are usually bigger. But the problem is that it’s far away from everything: jobs, restaurants, groceries etc. Another minus is that toga seems to be more snobbish.

1 Like

Below article summarized Saratoga home price by school district well.

In a nutshell, if you want Saratoga High School, expect to pay close to $1.4 million for a simple house. If you want Lynbrook High, think $1.6 million as entry level. If your budget is under $1 million, the house you can afford will be either Westmont or Prospect. Many home buyers, especially retirees, do not want to pay for schools that they aren’t using. This is also true for families with kids in private school. And other households prefer Westmont or Prospect, finding them to be “more balanced” and without the pressure cooker environment that the top schools sometimes seem to have.

From Average sale price perspective, Saratoga High area is the most expensive one (2.36million in 2013).
In addition, Saratoga High area is most green and beautiful.

Above is 2013 info. Thus, the price went up overall. However, I don’t think trend changed much.
API number: Saratoga High (933), Lynbrook High (946), Westmont (795), Prospect (775)
There is quite a bit of gap between Saratoga/Lynbrook and Westmont/Prospect.

5 Likes

I still remember that girl at Saratoga High who got bullied to killing herself. That’s forever a mark against Saratoga.

I interview high tech guys. Those with about $200K or more are willing to take the plunge to buy a $1+ M home. Others with lower income, some at $60K-$80K a year, can catch up with others and are just forced witness to their own demise. Rare but true, some are just working here for a few years and plan to go back. Rich guys I believe.

Close to job locations are sought big time, it always did.

I just saw a property on Jackson ave. in SanJo. No takers since Novermber-December. Too long in the market as far as I am concerned.