2021 IPO

I believe that’s the Irvington area. Only 1100 sq ft. Zillow and Redfin both say ~1.2m only.

I likely overpaid for that one :man_facepalming:t3: but I don’t have a time machine!

I don’t know Fremont well. :man_shrugging:t3: @Roy321 probably knows better!

1 Like

It’s easy scapegoating. They don’t know what’s involved and just following the feed from media sensational news title. Good landlords doesn’t make the news and that’s fine. Keep it strong and your compassion will pay off. But do change your rent with the market (can still keep it slightly below the market for good tenants), smaller frequent increases are better than big increase after few years.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s easy to scapegoat landlords. But imagine if there were no landlords where do these people live? Most of them can’t afford to buy.

1 Like

@caiguycaiguy Don’t feel bad. Some folks have never been to parts of the bay area outside the “core” so everywhere that’s not in the “core” is a slum. Your properties are definitely not slums given the prices.

I invest in East Oakland (94621 and others), in addition to SF. My properties are typically small, under $500k, and rent to section 8 or Latino families that don’t speak much English. These houses are far from top quality but everything works. No luxury but they provide a roof over my tenants and they are happy (well, as far as I can tell). I don’t consider myself a slumlord, even though I probably qualify as one by many peoples’ standards. I am a proud housing provider with happy tenants.

So next time someone calls you a slumlord, take them on a tour through East Oakland streets, then drive by your rental properties, and they will think yours are Class A.

I am with you.

1 Like

Is my cousin gonna be a IPO millionaire soon? Dam him. :laughing: He’s like only 26. And he’s an early crypto believer and investor. Can’t keep up with these young’uns !

HashiCorp is based in San Francisco but calls itself a “remote-first company with a global distributed workforce” for its 1,500 employees.

2 Likes

Dumb dumb cut ABNB position to 50% for safety… blowout result and now watching with 50% holding :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

@manch buying?

Yup. Need to buy some to support our fair state.

Huh? $60B market cap at IPO? Just buy 1 share to show support.

You can buy at pre ipo price through SoFi

Here’s how he told The New York Times he spends his time: “‘Rivian is 100 percent minus family,’ Mr. Scaringe said, estimating that his wife and children get 5 percent of his time.

This man is super focused.

:+1:

1 Like

Rivian Founder Is Due a $14 Billion Windfall If Stock Hits $295

• Scaringe’s stake in the electric automaker is currently 1.7%

• His options could unlock billions if company hits targets

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-10/rivian-founder-is-due-a-14-billion-windfall-if-stock-hits-295

SF-based, not Austin. @manch :joy:

1 Like

Never heard of it…

SoCal. :sunglasses: :beach_umbrella: :desert_island:

2 Likes

Wear your Allbird sneakers to eat salad at Sweetgreen. All you are missing is a Rivian R1T to get you there.

:rofl:

1 Like

It’s a money-losing salad chain to the tune of $87M. Where do people see the potential?

1 Like

The whole market is dominated by fraud, meme and crapto. Remember AT cars?. I think even Musk knows they are way in the future. He will be lucky to just make his ugly trucks. Fake meat. Crappy Mexican food. Phony money. The whole stock market is dominated by lies. hype and fake news. The next crash is going to be real ugly