3 Levels of Financial Independence

Blood is free

Not free.

His is free of Aids.

People give their blood for free. You’ll pay the doctors to get the free blood.

Blood of 100 virgins. Sounds like the beginning of a terrible HK goengsi flick.

1 Like

How come appear in WFH thread? Forgot that you had started a FI thread in Jan 2018?

2 Likes

The highest forms of wealth are measured differently.

A few stick out:

1. Controlling your time and the ability to wake up and say, “I can do whatever I want today.”

2. When money becomes like oxygen: so abundant relative to your needs that you don’t have to think about it despite it being a critical part of your life.

3. A career that allows for intellectual honesty.

I am so glad I’ve already accomplished No.1. No.3 is irrelevant as I don’t have a career per se. Maybe in 5 years I can check No.2 off the list as well, which has as much to do with calibrating my needs as growing my net worth.

3 Likes

Above is for individual. As a family, need to build up a generational wealth.

Why? You just get lazy grandchildren. Let them build you their own. Look what generational wealth did to the Kennedy family.

2 Likes

I think this is why a lot of families do educational endowments. The kids get free private education, but still have to work a job later.

My idol is the Walton and Koch families. The lesson from Kennedy curse is no to politics.

1 Like

Yours?

OMG. His net worth is so puny and he has the gut to shamelessly post it. I would’ve died from embarrassment :rofl:

1 Like

No need to be embarrassed and insult. A multi billionaire might laugh at your net worth dismissing it as puny. You and everyone can pat themselves for achieving what they were able to. Cheers!

You have embarrassed and insulted Tesla and Elon Musk countless times here. Now you have the guts to tell me not to embarrass and insult? What a double standard hyprocrite you are.

I said not to get embarrassed for what you have since it might be a big thing for another person. Hope you understand the difference between criticism/ calling out vs real insult before calling names.

I already know what kind of a person you are so I don’t need your criticism. Go reflect on your double standards. Cheers! :rofl: