$5.3 million home in San Francisco wrecked after Airbnb rental

Mark Prior, a trauma scene practitioner with the crime scene cleaning company Private Clean, described the conditions.

“It was horrible, horrible!” he exclaimed. “For the person who was renting here, he had defecated through the entire home and urinated all over the place as well. Using drugs and having his needles all over the bedding. The pillows, too. That was pretty horrific. People from the outside walking by could smell it, so you’d have joggers stopping and going, ‘Wow, what’s that smell?’”

So they let the homeless stay in it?

When you have a home that is worth $5.3 million and you have to resort to converting it into a rental for $100 a night, maybe you have to take a deep dive into your investment strategy and see if you are doing the right thing…

4 Likes

If the owner really needs cash can’t they sell the house and just put the money into CD’s? Isn’t CD rate almost 3% now?

Well, owner might be banking on further appreciation. But really, only $100 per day for a $5.3 million home???

Something sounds wrong or missing. We let out my mom’s apartment whenever she’s not in town. It’s in Santa Clara (2br) and we can easily get $150-$175 a night. So hard to believe they only let this place out for $100

Yea, something doesn’t add up. $100 sounds stupid low.

I don’t think a night costs $100. I was invited by my wife’s niece to visit them in SF. After driving around and not finding a miserable parking space I decided to call her up and thank her for the invitation. She said that the small condo has cost her about $150 a night, the cheapest she could find.

Its an in-law unit of the house, not the whole house.

“The in-law suite of the home was ransacked by renters.”

Wow, talk about a misleading headline.

We are all suckers for click baits. :smile:

2 Likes

Yes, and few people read the actual articles, so they think they are “informed” based on reading headlines. It’s scary, since those people vote based on misleading headlines.

Oh… that explains it… :hushed: