A Wine Billionaire Emerges in Bordeaux

Maybe we should buy a vineyard in Napa?

1 Like

I dont know. It’s very challenging to make money in this business. There are so many wine labels in Safeway/Bevmo - from the cheap to the very expensive. I think making and selling wine is a big exercise in marketing. Might as well try to make and market a technical product - at least you can identify and manage the risks.

I think it’s more about vineyard the real estate instead of wine making as a business. Jack Ma didn’t buy a vineyard to make and sell wine.

1 Like

Corollary: Bay Area home prices can be much more expensive than rest of the nation and that’s perfectly normal.

That seems to be your corollary for everything… :thinking:

1 Like

No his corrolary is stocks.

1 Like

Yes to both. Where else are you going to park your hard earned money?

Blackjack and hookers.

• bender.

If you are rich you have many more investment options. Vineyard is one. You can also buy a few Picasso’s. If you are effing rich you can even buy a sports team. Their returns are insanely great.

1 Like

None of us are that wealthy. Stick with your bread and butter people.

NFL or NBA teams are out of reach, but e-sports teams are not crazily expensive. Yes, they are still expensive…

Blizzard hasn’t made public the cost of a league franchise, but the reports are $20 million, and when I asked Nanzer about that number, he neither confirmed nor denied it, saying: “You know, if you hear the same rumor over and over again, you can figure out what that means.” So, OK, $20 million.

Fascinating article:

NBA Team Values 2018: Every Club Now Worth At Least $1 Billion

The average team is worth a record $1.65 billion, 22% more than last year, and every team is worth at least $1 billion for the first time. Franchise values have tripled over the past five years. Credit the league’s economics, in particular its international growth prospects, which are the best of any major U.S. sports league.