AAPL and Apple

Because of anti-competitive acquisition of Whatsapp and instagram by FB, now all mega caps suffer,

Trumps FTC Declares War on Amazon, Facebook, and Other Tech Giants With a Probe of 10 Years of Deals

Objective of the probe is to find out

… whether large tech companies are making potentially anticompetitive acquisitions of nascent or potential competitors that fall below HSR filing thresholds and therefore do not need to be reported to the antitrust agencies.”

Affected MAGA F:

Alphabet (ticker: GOOGL), Amazon.com (AMZN), Apple (AAPL), Facebook (FB) and Microsoft (MSFT)

He says

Make America Great Again = M(sft) A(apl) G(oogle) A(mzn)

1 Like

remember I use it first in 2018.

These companies are truly the pride of America. My boss once equated Facebook to a weekend project of a computer science student to share photos and comments (not the first one though - InfoSpace, Orkut, etc came before it just as google was not the first search engine). It is amazing how a simple idea has become a money-minting machine and connected so many people across the world.

Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple are truly are the giant sophisticated machines.

1 Like

https://apple.news/AZKJtuqE8R2y5T0dn_YO4zQ

According to a Bernstein analyst report cited by Quartz, Apple Pay already accounts for 5% of global credit card transactions, which is pretty solid when you consider that the service is only five years old.

… the same analyst predicts that Apple Pay will grow to 10% of all credit card payments by 2025.

Bernstein analysts also note that theoretically, Apple could end up competing with the likes of Visa and MasterCard with its own payments network, that’s unlikely to happen anytime soon.

:money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

@manch Hurry up if you still didn’t own AAPL. So far, @wuqijun @Jil @caiguycaiguy have AAPLs in their portfolio. One stock for all: smart devices, fintech, EV/AV, streaming music/ videos, computers, cloud apps, cloud storage, semi, AI/ML, wearables, home tech, healthcare, …

Apple Pay is a dinosaur. Pay attention to where the future is heading.

No thanks. I am not a criminal. Also, don’t want to contact Coronavirus from you. Not touching anything except my iPhone and Apple Watch.

Apple Pay doesn’t have to be revolutionary. It just adds to ecosystem and keep people using Apple products.

I have added AAPL when it just dipped to $309, but that is not a main source/role as my gains from RUN (2.5%), TEVA (2.5%) and other stocks are too good. On any case, I just hold AAPL, MSFT at same 2.5%.

1 Like

Technically, both RUN and TEVA are over-extended, correction soon :slight_smile:

Meanwhile my FSLR and SPWR are screwed. Used to rally like RUN. Now… gave up. Still holding them though.

ATH :wink: close

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.12.42 PM

@Jil
AAPL $1.423T
MSFT $1,373T
AMZN $1.084T
GOOG $1.044T

2 Likes

Market went up 10% expecting major break yesterday ( pre results ) and when SPWR just meets expectations, pre market corrects same 10%

But such corrections will not long last as SPWR turning from loss to gain side now and next year better returns.

I bought SPWR pre-market at dip catching the falling knife!

Fundamentals are turning positive, market corrects its rally !!! Chances of slight upside or flat , but good at long hold.

Same way, added TSLA as dilution 2B made a dip

SPWR’s gross margin is ~10%. That’s a terrible business.

1 Like

$260 :-1: now is trading at $325 :grin:

Is that old news? Thought he trimmed because over shot 5%

1 Like

This is tiny, WB reduced AAPL exposure from 5.59% to 5.509% by selling his 1.5% which may be the result of dividend reinvestment and AAPL share buyback increased his stake. He always prefer to keep it less than 5% to avoid immediate sec compliance.

“Even if they get a 50 per cent capacity [reduction], the impact is not … as bad as people worry. Because they do tend to catch up over time, with working hours,” Shum said. “”If I am Apple, I am not going to lose my sleep just yet.”

Fool. He is not losing sleep because he’s not TC.

Apple warns on coronavirus — it won’t meet revenue guidance because of constrained iPhone supply and suppressed demand in China

1 Like

This guy puts his reputation on the line.

So far bears are not able to push AAPL into correction territory (more than 10% decline) ie below $294 :roll_eyes: Let see whether TC announcement will let them do it. If yes :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:, time to unwind trading position aggressively :sob: