AAPL and Apple

1 Like

But Apple is not using Goldman’s credit decisions or its balance sheet for issuing the loans.

The behind-the-scene structure of Apple’s new loan product, and the fact that it is handling loan decisions, credit checks, and lending reveals that the iPhone giant is seeking to bring the framework and infrastructure for its financial services in-house as much as possible.

1 Like

They are checking credit though not using some made-up and woke algorithm that justifies giving anyone credit. Checking credit is so 2010. Apple is racist.

It is crazy they aren’t going to report missed payments or defaults to credit bureaus. They’ll just eat the loss and ban the person from the program.

Is the goal of the Apple Pay Later to evaluate the feasibility of subscription hardware?

I could see it going in that direction. You can do it with iPhones. You pay a monthly fee, and you turn in the phone for a new one every year.

1 Like

Less than $50 per month would be a good deal since is only slightly more than 1/12 of the price of current year iPhone model less trade-in price of previous year model

1 Like
1 Like

Corporations are unlikely to switch since they have too much investments in Windows. Only consumers and SMEs are able to switch since switching cost is lower and many tend to use cloud software.

Macs are becoming more and more common for enterprise. Most companies have let me use a Mac.

2 Likes

Ben

TL;DR

Your message nobody care. How much did you get paid for that article?

1 Like

“I am incredibly excited about AR as you might know. And the critical thing to any technology, including AR, is putting humanity at the center of it,” he said, echoing comments he’s made in the past about how important AR is to the company.

Past = many years ago. till no substantive product.

Substantive = More than $100B annual revenue. Not $1B as for P&G.

Headset competitors:
META Oculus
MSFT Hololens
GOOG Glass
VUKI
HP Reverb
HTC VIVE
Varjo
Valve Index
Pimax Vision

Josh Brown is not a buyer of AAPL because of the headset. Fair. Is not of the same class as iPhone. Wait for the Apple glass and Apple Car.

WS still haven’t given up bashing AAPL. Apparently $180s to $130s is not good enough. Is the target $100?

Do people actually buy fewer iPhones in a recession? I think people would rather starve that not upgrade their iPhone. I remember back in 2009 when the world was ending. I wondered if people outside the Cupertino bubble cared about Apple. I went to the highest-end mall in the Detroit suburbs. It was empty except the Apple store was PACKED. It was pretty surprising. It’s economic armageddon, and people can’t get enough of the Apple store.

4 Likes

The analyst also pointed out that the headset is likely to be the “most complicated” product Apple (AAPL) has ever designed, indicating that many existing Apple (AAPL) suppliers are working on the headset.

In a blog post, TF International Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said that the offering from Apple (AAPL), along with the “vast potential demand” in China, will “favor the continued rapid growth of the headset sector.”

1 Like

After Steve: How Apple Became a Trillion-Dollar Company and Lost its Soul

After Steve: How Apple Became a Trillion-Dollar Company and Lost its Soul