AAPL and Apple

I see you’re talking about the past. And I am talking about the future. Anyhoo, it could also because of re-allocating of capital from safer mega cap to higher grow risky stocks i.e. RISK ON.

For Debate purpose: To get 66% increase of AAPL, it will become 3.6 Trillion from current 2.17 Trillion, a huge push in future ! For holders of AAPL, any growth is fine.

Think of situation, TWST (7.23B), REGN(50B) and CRSP(10B) where can these growth in future?

Do you place 50k in TWST (7.23B) or CRSP (10B) or REGN(50B) or AAPL (2.176 T) which can give better for an investor?

You’ve forgotten about WB’s advice,

First rule: Never lose money
2nd rule: Refer to first rule

You’ve also forgotten about what you’ve learnt from financial/ investment books,

Risk-return relationship
Higher risk, higher return

In short, you’re not talking about anything new.

Market cap is imaginary :slight_smile:

Market cap is imaginary => Here, you are biased. Wrong, it is real, it shows market valuation of a company at the time of period. That has very important role.

I have not forgotten his rules, but for future, you need to find the best company to on board that can defeat TQQQ growth. Otherwise, blind buy TQQQ at dip is far better than any other holdings (esp. for those who time the market).

It is easy to beat the SPY market, and can possibly win over QQQ too, but hard to beat TQQQ from buy low, sell high.

For example, AAPL did not win over TQQQ last 10 years, but only one company exceeded TQQQ in last 10 years.

The share price can increase without the market cap increasing. Market cap is price per share times number of outstanding shares. Apples is constantly decreasing the share count.

3 Likes

Haven’t looked at detailed numbers, but the historical yearly net income graph(from internet) for AAPL does not seem to indicate a rising trend in recent years and looks kinda flat.

Would you own Aapl directly as a new investor today(just looking at recent past income)?

Found a better graph, historical YOY net income growth. Seems kinda tame for a while for AAPL, in fact since 2013.

2 Likes

I prefer things under $20B or under $10B for an entry point. I wouldn’t buy it, since it doesn’t fit the profile I want. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad investment. Apple should beat the market average year after year.

4 Likes

AR devices :grinning: will be hot. @jil missing link for justifying higher AAPL market cap.

I am waiting for companies that offer bionic eyes and ears.

1 Like

Cool, enjoy the run !

Oddly, this drop clarifies AAPL EW picture. Wave 4 is a running flat ! again.

Tentatively, target of wave 5 is $173.

This is for entertainment only and is not a financial advice to buy, sell or trade AAPL.

No more AAPL drop sir

1 Like

Not doing anything with my AAPLs or add new ones. Just thought is interesting.

1 Like

For discussion purpose, AAPL likely go around $145-150 range, but not $173 . Apple goes like NVDA within a range channel. The main reason market makers corrected AAPL to make money out of fear. Without bringing down AAPL and TSLA…like other stocks below RSI 40, banks do not make profits.

See clear channel and range.

Your channel is drawn incorrectly. Refer to the chart below. One more dip to complete the flat.

The whole aim of the market makers is to bring down all ATH stocks to lowest possible to swing back. Normally, AAPL coming down to this level is rare and I do not thing one more dip is there from the current low $118.39 (not close, but lowest of today).

Be happy and enjoy !

@Jil

Your favorite Elliottician, Paul is very BULLISH on AAPL. More bullish interpretation than mine. Since he provided only partial picture, looking at the chart, my guess is his target wave 5 is $177, slightly higher than my wave 5.

If you believe him, long calls!!!

This is for entertainment only, not a financial advice to buy, sell or trade AAPL.

1 Like

I have some AAPL, bought at bottom(I think), but not big, that is enough. All money set with stocks already, thinking bottom today with some margin. I need to release money next week or before this week-end.

Plenty of QQQ calls too !

Here you go his full EW

I tend to be too aggressive when buying calls, so far lost a bundle. Gave up on calls. Only long shares or short puts.

Long ago, I am patient and willing to long LEAPS calls, now, too impatient, trade like a newbie, long too OTM near term calls.

Btw, you are posting the same truncated picture from Paul.

1 Like

True, I need to avoid options!

https://www.investors.com/news/fisker-stock-surges-on-partnership-with-foxconn/?src=A00220

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 5.22.41 PM

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 5.22.53 PM

1 Like