AAPL vs GOOG

Glory days of GOOG are numbered unless they can find a visionary CEO. New CEO also need to layoff employees ruthlessly.

Well, you’re right about the best way to interact with AI is through voice and sight using an iPhone :slight_smile: Who doesn’t know that? Startups are introducing similar products e.g. AI Pin, Rabbit R1,… All the talks about Apple Vision Pro, people have forgotten about the rumor that Apple is working on an Apple Glass (supposedly focussed on AR), instead on focussing on VR. Apple Glass is supposedly to be of the same format as what we are currently wearing as glasses. Wondering whether Apple Glass is like a standalone insight camera or incorporated into the glasses.

Kris is losing faith in CEO GOOG.

Images of German soldiers in 1943 generated by Google Gemini.

I said a long time ago they’re too woke to do AI well.

Google’s “woke” AI debacle is overblown. Outside of Twitter nobody cares.

Google’s biggest challenge is business model. AI is not monetizable thru keyword ads. Google suffers from the classic Innovator’s Dilemma. Embrace AI too much and it will kill its cash cow. If everybody can just get their answers from a sterile ChatGPT like interface nobody will click on ad links.

But ignoring AI is not an option either, as other competitors are racing to steal Google’s lunch money. Microsoft doesn’t have that giant pool of ad money to protect and can afford to go full bore on AI. Meta’s ads are more integrated into usage flows and not in a “ask-and-answer” format.

Woke vs non-woke is a red herring. Monetizable vs not is the key driver.

Nobody cares because nobody uses it. It’s useless woke garbage.

I use it daily. I use the version embedded in regular Google search. You just need to toggle it on in the setting.

I have been hearing very good things about the text version of Gemini 1.5. The “woke” controversy is over image generation.

Exactly, by self-selection, only woke people use it. I’m still asleep.

Yeah, I’m not going to take your word on claiming something is impartial. I’m sure you think it’s making you more informed.