Airbnb nightmare

There’s always northern Mexico. You can even have multiple spouses there if you wish (although one would think one would be enough for anyone). Of course there can be…complications.

What is wrong with those things?
BBQ? Okay…

I personally like hot tubbing under the stars on a crisp cold night with a drink. Why would that affect the neighbor?

The cars parking shouldn’t affect the neighbors. The rental homes usually have big driveways. Is street parking really an issue?

So what if more trash is generated as long the bins fit?

I agree noise can be an issue. Maybe quiet ordinance after 9pm or some kind of compromise?

Been around the world but never Mexico. I need to get it on my list.

People outside in the summer make a lot of noise. Corn hole is very loud at night. No one has AC here so the noise is annoying my old fart friends. Personally I voted against the ban. But the traffic, trash, noise and lack of parking killed Airbnb here and many other places. The bears scatter the trash (party houses have huge trash piles) and street parking is scarce in some neighborhoods. I used to have a vacation rental here. Got sick of cleaning up after parties. My VHR house could sleep 20. One church group put a bunch of kids in tents in the yard and ruined my lawn. Sorry but a lot of people are inconsiderate pigs. My maid would pickup the piles of trash. Would fill up a pickup. But I would have to rearrange the lawn furniture, clean the hot tub and cleanup the yard. Often things were broken or stolen. Other guests would complain that the place wasn’t pristine, while others would trash the place. Couldn’t wait to get rid of that nightmare.

In the incident that started the thread, apparently previous renters had parked on street and blocked neighbor’s driveways. I think people also don’t like having neighbors park on the street in front of their own property. Sure, it’s legal, but people have their ways.

In fact, we’ve been asked to be careful about not parking in front of our neighbor’s property when the mailman comes through because some mailmen will refuse to deliver the mail.

Yikes. Have few friends who live in that neighborhood. Wonder if this will stop the madness in 94087.

I think this is the surge in vacant homes for sale. I’m not sure why they wouldn’t leave the furnished though. Empty homes show terribly and don’t sell as fast.

1 Like