Airbnb

They should not. It will be long time to get people to trust that private homes will be safe for lodging. Especially since the virus can live for 9 days on hard surfaces.

I wonder what terms the PE investors were offered. Must’ve been very attractive.
Airbnb hosts have moved to direct listing and are putting a downward pressure on rents.

What’s another billion?

1 Like

What is AirBnB going to do to support all its hosts?

Airbnb Is Banking on a Post-Pandemic Travel Boom

The home-rental company defined the travel industry after the last cataclysm, but may be less suited for what’s next.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-04-22/airbnb-s-future-depends-on-a-post-pandemic-travel-boom?srnd=businessweek-v2

Based in SF not Austin.

Airbnb needs to provide covid19 insurance to guests and hosts.

I agree with that. Such an insurance can’t cost much either. AIRBNB should do their own thing and add a Covid 19 insurance to every booking…and to keep it from getting more expensive, they should lower their own fees…I think that will provide them with even more chances on the market. People feel more insecure and travel less anyway…if there were such a “free” additional insurance, then it would be a good way to boost business, in my opinion.

1 Like