AI's Investment Implications

That seems like a career destroying post. Is he really trying to claim 1 person created the whole product? If that’s true, then startups need <5 employees to create AI products.

1 Like

He admits later on in the thread that it was a team of 5 engineers that he (led?) was a part of.

That’s still a crazy small team for a product with that much revenue potential. Although, small teams can create products.

It’s once the customer base grows that the complexity begins. There’s a sweet spot for company or product age before there’s a pile of tech debt sucking up engineering resources. I’ve seen it tracked and only 25-35% of engineering time was in new feature development. The rest was compliance for new countries, KTLO, bug fixes, and tech debt. It’s insane.

Instagram and WhataApp had tiny headcount and massive scale when acquired. I’d love to see their headcount numbers today.

1 Like

Can’t have a bubble without Masa!

He buys high sell low. Got lucky with BABA. ARM could be his 2nd lucky charm.

Masa got lucky if the runway is long enough. He did badly in his 2016 investments because runway was short. BABA is a once in a generation long runway with China’s open and reform under Deng.

Depends on how long a runway AI has. He can do well.

1 Like

My über bullish EW count for NVDA…

1 Like

Tim Cook is there?

Aapl and Msft total 5.5T sitting at the table.

:joy:

Modi’s team is good at PR!!

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 6.56.41 AM

Snowflake Expands Partnership with Microsoft to Bring Large-Scale Generative AI Models and Increased Machine Learning Capabilities to the Data Cloud

Snowflake Unveils New Large Language Model to Extract Deeper Insights from Documents, While Continuing to Advance Platform Speed and Performance

But why is profit keeps declining while revenue is increasing?

1 Like

I’m waiting for the day when AI can be customized with my personal values and frames of reference in addition to the data access and processing capabilities it has now. Then my customized bot can be unleashed on the net to argue with millions of idiots so I don’t have to argue with any of them.

Of course if everyone does this we’ll have a net full of bots arguing with each other. We’ll all just be spectators.

1 Like

Another big talk? NVDA closes ATH today.

1 Like

Nvidia looks to acquire San Francisco-based cloud services startup Lambda Labs

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/inno/stories/fundings/2023/07/18/nvidia-cloud-services-startup-lambda-labs.html

Nvidia is aiming to close a deal with San Francisco-based cloud services startup Lambda Labs that could give Lambda Labs an additional $300 million in capital, according to a report Tuesday by The Information.

The potential deal would value the cloud infrastructure provider that uses Nvidia chips at over $1 billion.

Couple months back Nvidia quietly bought another AI startup OmniML. Interestingly it is a San Jose company with only 6 people.

1 Like