All about College!

If she wants to major in dance, why go to college?

2 Likes

Guess Florida State has a special dance major.

Your wife wants to migrate to Singapore? The problem with so many high IQ people squeezing in a tiny island, is your chance of been underemployed if you stay in Singapore is high. And unfortunately, Singapore doesn’t have a large population i.e. addressable market is small, is impossible to inculcate a SV spirit.

I have a friend from Singapore who was in the Bay Area for a couple of years. Her husband was here on business, and when they didn’t get their term here renewed, she said she wasn’t excited to go back to Singapore. She felt that the kids in Singapore study morning until night and there’s no downtime. She is a parent who had thoroughly researched the schools in the Bay Area and had a gifted kid. I thought it was an interesting perspective.

That’s like every kid in Asia, not specific to Singapore.

1 Like

That kid is not smart enough. Do your homework during those commercial breaks while watching TV. If you can’t finish the homework at the end of the show, you are not smart enough :slight_smile: Gifted in BA is only 108?

UC San Diego undergoes historic expansion fueled by chancellor’s big bucks and big ideas

1 Like

More kids should apply to trade schools, the military, apprenticeship programs, internships…. Too many kids go to college without a plan or clue. We don’t need more clueless baristas with liberal arts degrees and huge debts.

1 Like

Berkeley is shutting the backdoor to CS major.

1 Like

Want to be a billionaire, be a college dropout.
Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Mark Zuckerberg
now Gautam Adani

But life must be there!

At one time,10 years before, Adani was kidnapped and he paid ransom to escape out of that situation!

2 Likes
1 Like

:thinking: Similar problems in K-12, not just in Colleges.

4 Likes

That is insane. People should be in open revolt over it.

#1 again, b*tches, for the SIXTH STRAIGHT YEAR!!!

As I quote the greatest basketball shooter of all time… “What are they gonna say now???”

University of California, Los Angeles: UCLA ranked No. 1 public university by U.S. News & World Report for sixth straight year – India Education | Latest Education News | Global Educational News | Recent Educational News (indiaeducationdiary.in)

2 Likes