Amazing Amazon

It always amazes me how companies cave to public pressure. Yeah, the issue is that the stores discriminate not that grown adults don’t even have a banking account.

It’s crazy.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

There’s also Convoy which is a Seattle based startup. They have a lot of ex-Amazon people. 40% of semi trailers on the road are empty. That’s a lot of wasted utilization.

More deliveries for me

3 Likes

Have you started doing delivery for Amazon? It seems better than Uber. If you can optimize, you can make more with delivering stuff than people.

Can you sign up Amazon flex and hire 10 high school students to deliver to their own neighborhood?

Yes I deliver on and off for Amazon flex. It’s usually pretty easy and I finish early but apartments and downtown areas are troublesome.

I don’t get to choose route, one day I’m in Fremont and next I’m in Oakland. They also scan ID at warehouse. From my experience, they only me to do 2 deliveries a day. They won’t let me get more on the app.

It’s pays $20-$25 dollar per hour. It’s better than picking up cans that’s for sure. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Drive slower and take breaks often :grinning:

It’s not like we are on the clock per se. It’s a gig job. Amazon puts on 2, 3, 3.5, or 4 hour blocks of time. We pick up the blocks on the app. Obviously the 4 hour blocks have more packages.

We finish early, good for us, but if we go over we don’t get paid more.

Oh, so it’s paid hourly, not based on the number of deliveries. In that case, do they provide medical insurance and other benefits?

No, no benefits, nothing. We are independent contractors (or peons or peasant).

Here’s my offer tomorrow. I get paid same if I finish hour early or hour late.