Amazing Amazon

Dude. Don’t twist what I have said. I have been very consistent and any rational person has been consistent that the USPS financial straits have been driven by the 75 year pre pay imposition. Learn how to build a P&L. If you don’t make the payments, it’s a loss and it carries forward and you still have to pay it. Anyway, you have some talking points stuck in your head or you are a troll. So the best thing is to not engage with a troll, i think for any reasonable person my points have been clear. No more posts from me on this.

1 Like

I don’t get the hate against Amazon for launching their own brands. Every supermarket chain like Safeway and Costco have their own brands. Are they supposed to not look at their sales data for planning purposes?

1 Like

Safeway/Costco will usually work with suppliers to white-label their product as Signature Select/Kirkland so suppliers can take advantage of different and separate price points. Amazon sellers themselves are usually white-labelers that work with factories directly in China and Amazon is seeing what’s successful and going directly to these factories to create Amazon Basics.

2 Likes

Not only is amazon allowed to see what is selling on its platform, but also it can sell its own product through the platform it owns, Nothing wrong in that. I do not know what kind of agreement exists between the third party sellers and Amazon But, there is nothing wrong. I am not sure it can even be stopped even if its made illegal.

Usually there is only one producer that supplies to everyone for store brand: walmart, target, costco, or Safeway. Stores make more money on store brand than on national brand. And who knows the same suppliers might be supplying to the national brands too with different level of quality controls.

1 Like

Now both parties are after him. He’s the rare common enemy that can unite them. I doubt that ends well.

1 Like
2 Likes

His buying of WAPO might not age well in hindsight.

1 Like

AMZN and MSFT Extends WFH until Oct 2020.

2 Likes

I bet most of Seattle will follow. My boss is on our task force for it, but we haven’t talked about that recently. We’ve already said when the office re-open it won’t be for all employees. The open office floor plan doesn’t allow for social distancing if all the desks are full. We might run at about 25% capacity.

2 Likes

Amazon vs UPS vs FedEx

Yeah, I’m sure he has nothing to hide.

Postal Services launches review of package delivery fees as Trump influence grows

Did not know amazon also makes games.