Amazing Amazon

Blind says the same. Can hear more stories.

Iā€™m sure this has ZERO to do with Bezosā€™ twitter posts calling out Bidenā€™s BS on inflation. Biden should be more worried about Pelosi giving him the middle finger and visiting Taiwan. Interesting, that she does it now and not when Trump was president.

Most of them are delivery stations and delivery centers. They clearly decided that strategy wasnā€™t required. I wonder if thatā€™s because they are pushing the locker delivery more. Itā€™s a huge cost saver for them.

1 Like

Bezos is having too much fun. He needs to head back to work. Elon is still working long hours, so should Jeff!

ā€œAmazon, Walmart, Target and many other major retailers are grappling with a glut of inventory after long-delayed orders of items that were hot sellers during the pandemic arrived, only to be passed over by shoppers whose habits have since shifted. Companies are now opting to kick off holiday sales sooner than ever with the hope that it will help clear out unwanted inventory.ā€

By the time companies adjusting to the shift in what people wanted, the demand shifted back to normal. This is going to be a nightmare for retailers. Shoppers have fatigue and are struggling with inflation.

2 Likes

Nordstrom is fairly busy.

Target is also fairly busy.

Wrong mix :grinning:

1 Like

ā€œLast year, reports noted that Amazonā€™s goal is to filter out the bottom 6 percent of employees, and that it didnā€™t necessarily let employees who were at risk of losing their jobs know so they could actively work on improving their performance.ā€

This is 100% true, and most years it is 10%. Itā€™s amazing when you have someone in the bottom 10% transferred onto your team in a re-org. The first 1:1 is the employee asking for help getting promoted, because the prior manager was that opaque about the performance issues. I was able to coach up the person, but I was dinged for not ā€œhiring and developing the best.ā€ Youā€™d think that leadership principle would be about coaching people up. No, itā€™ā€™s really code for purging the bottom and replacing them.

Oh, they also promote management who have active complaints for verbally abusing employees. Then the whole department gets sent to sensitivity training.

Thereā€™s an entire marketing team dedicated to convincing former employees to return. Iā€™ve been asked to go back. I honestly couldnā€™t stop laughing. Iā€™m pretty sure my response got me removed from the list :slight_smile:

My current boss was at Amazon less than a year. We didnā€™t cross paths there, but thatā€™s how bad his experience was.

5 Likes

Sound like AMZN is GEed.

1 Like
4 Likes

This is the case that could make someoneā€™s career at the DOJ. Itā€™s the real anti trust case. The splitting of retail vs. AWS is foolish chase. Itā€™s the retail and FBA spit thatā€™d be the real case.

1 Like

No idea what is a devlist, a pip and a fmla hack.

Amazon in deep shit.

The Justice Department meanwhile has two separate lawsuits against Google over its search and advertising businesses, the former of which is scheduled for a two-month trial in September. It is preparing an antitrust case against Apple, and has pending investigations into Ticketmaster and Visa, among others.

Google and Apple are also targets.

2 Likes

That didnā€™t last long:

Iā€™m amazed how many Amazon VPs leave for C-level roles and do not stay very long at all.

Wowā€¦ Thatā€™s a sudden change.

2 Likes