America's 20 Hottest Markets for Real Estate in September 2017

https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/americas-20-hottest-markets-real-estate-september-2017/

47 AM
11 AM

1 Like

San Jose, THE CITY, is No.1. SF No.2. No surprise there.

Vallejo is getting less hot. @wuqijun not buying there anymore?

Note how hot the central valley is: Stockton (6), Sac (8), Modesto (9), Fresno (15).

Absent from the list: Austin. :smile:

Time to buy more :wink: So far, bought 1 SFH this year, may buy another 1 by the end of this year. Up 13% already (good deal :slight_smile: ) after 6 months. Still buying at a rate of 1 per year. Nowadays, I’m very selective about the configuration of the SFH, location and must be a good deal or no deal (surprisingly there are always good deal around).

I don’t look to jump over seven-foot bars: I look around for one-foot bars that I can step over.

SF/SJ is too high :disappointed_relieved: to jump.

1 Like

Yes, no more. I have so many properties in the east bay already. I need to switch focus and head back down to the South Bay.

I think you should switch to Austin… buy when nobody is looking. Be patient*. There are always deal, in fact, if you’re into fixer-upper, many great deals; also have new construction upon buying (buy based on plan). I go for turnkey, minimum rehab only, actually harder to get deals. We are not in direct competition, so can help you :wink: I think Austin just getting started, have not reached the parabolic phase… probably another 5-10 years more.

*No matter how great the talent or efforts, some things just take time. You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.

Ok, then maybe I can trade my east bay homes with your Austin homes instead :rofl:

You don’t like your East Bay houses? Your idea is not that far-fetched, is it legal for us to 1031 to each other properties? May be, a few of us, 1031 to each other properties if it is illegal to directly 1031 but I’m not thinking of unloading yet… real appreciation is not here yet… should do some kind of parabolic action in the future… I’m patient.

Are you into strategic chess like Weiqi? Is about positioning for the future.

1 Like

That might be true but I think Silicon Valley and concord are also in different places of a certain curve…

Hanera, when you are in a hole, stop digging

For each transaction, there is a buyer and a seller.
Their thinking can be the same or opposing depending on their goals and assessment.
No need to be a bigot because both can be right.