Another IPO corner ! Pinterest

Everyone rushing to get public money before they get drained.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pinterest-readies-itself-for-early-2019-ipo-11545251368

Pinterest Inc. is actively preparing for an IPO that could come as soon as April, according to people familiar with the company’s plans, the latest in a line of tech companies ramping up plans to go public.

Pinterest has told bankers it could choose its slate of underwriters to run the initial-public-offering process as soon as January, these people said. It could achieve a valuation in the public market at or in excess of $12 billion—the level at which it most recently raised funding, some of the people said. Valuations can change until a company prices its initial public offering.

In September, Pinterest surpassed more than 250 million monthly active users, who visit the site to browse through billions of images on topics ranging from living-room furniture to dinner recipes and tattoos. The company generates revenue from ads scattered across its site and is poised to generate revenue in excess of $700 million this year, up 50% from the prior year, according to a person familiar with the matter.

People still use Pinterest? I thought it’s dead.

3 Likes

Bomb du jour. Is it me or are we getting more bombs these days?? :thinking:

Keep them coming :dancing_women:

Here comes the grave dancer!!! :scream: :scream: :scream:

Since Jul, software/cloud/SAAS stocks have been falling. Many daily charts have death crosses. Possibly no Christmas rally this year.

There are more huge swings. There are a lot of 10%+ moves.

@manch

Please tell me before such stocks (e.g. Pinterest,Kodak) surges. Don’t behave like the one you criticize (Jim). TQ

1 Like