Apple Bombed. Anyone Buying?

2% is a sneeze. Apple’s still at it’s highest ever.

AMD though… that’s a niiiiice drop. Wish I had more cash in the stock account. I should always keep something there in case.

You know, you can always go on margin… :smiling_imp:

Looks like transfers are credited immediately. yay :slight_smile:
That said, I’m not too crazy about the history. 52 week low around $4 (and it was there for a couple of years)?

No need to preach to a believer, I always maximize my margin benefits…

Word or caution: Even though I am long on UBNT and the company came up with good results, it went down 6% today. I am comfortable with UBNT and bought more (I understand it is my risk !). Similar reverse likely happen with NVDA. Review and make your call, do not rely on my statements as it can easily go wrong.

How can the 8 not disappoint? ? what more can cell phones do? Law of big numbers and diminishing returns…Apple is due for a 20% correction. .

If Apple is due for a 20% correction, also look for a 20% correction in Cupertino real estate…

New ATH for AAPL.

Please explain. What are subjected to law of big numbers? Share price? Market cap? Unit sales of iPhones? Or…

Bear in mind, we can have as many iPhones as we wish to have.

20% correction? Not likely. May be 10%.

No correlation with RE and stock…Appl is up 50% in one year…20% drop will mean nothing

1 Like

UBNT had a really good quarter. The only negative was GM barely beat last quarter. Last quarter, they said lower GM was due to production delays that caused them to use more expensive air freight. This quarter they came clean and said new products are earlier in the cost curve and have lower GM. If they can hold price, then GM should improve 2-3% per quarter as the costs decrease. Their net margins are amazing. The company is crazy lean.

1 Like

Another network company like Juniper and Cisco? What so good about this new upstart?

IMO, unless stock tanks, it is difficult for apple to come down 20% level. Even Apple tanks, yes, we can not expect Cupertino market to come down. Neither Sunnyvale, Mountain view market come down by google or Facebook unless entire stock market tanks by Janet Yellen !

What is new for apple? ==> Look at what is releases with samsung 8. Drop some nice features out of samsung 8 and that is iphone 8 !

Apple lovers may not like, but apple repeatedly copy one release later. Samsung battery dies or explodes, apple does not and that is the quality !

features are worked on more than one release away. Apple needs the features to be stable and useful for many (not sure the exact number) before they release them. This is called clean design. Don’t just release features just want to be the first to do so, too many or complicated design turns users off. less is more.

They operate in a pretty small niche. Original product was using wifi to connect cell towers. It’s much cheaper than running cable. Founder made wifi work at distances of 5 miles. It’d be rounding error to a big company’s revenue. Founder still owns 70%, so you’re betting on him.

Founder was ex-engineer from Apple, behind quality like Apple products. They have Appx 40 wifi products and they are all high quality consumer products. I have been using one of their access point, it has amazing coverage ! Just check at Amazon website about their product feedback, they are also competitive in pricing. I came to know UBNT after using their product !

1 Like

AAPL hits another new ATH.

I should have loaded up more when I pointed out the cup with handle pattern. That was a text book option trade setup. Apple is still one of my larger holdings so it’s good, but it could have been better.

1 Like

So first it bombed. Then it exploded.

Buffett triples his holding.