Apple bombed. Anyone buying?

As usual, I added AAPL after hours no matter whether it goes up or not. I may also add a call option tomorrow (but it depends on the price).

I am completely saved by TEVA and TSLA, and can take risk on AAPL as this is temporary effect on AAPL shares value.

3 Likes

Nasdaq futures down more than 1%.

Market hours could be quite different from AH and PM. Highly recommend manch to short put (ATM) to catch weak market open.

Let AAPL drop like a rock. I’m sitting pretty with TSLA… :rofl:

1 Like

That’s why I only tell ppl to sell, never tell anyone to buy :rofl:

I have consistency and integrity :joy:

Nobody will listen to you anyway. Everyone has his own decisions. We’ve been telling ppl to buy houses for years, very few listened. They eventually decide to buy on their own decisions.

Ppl only listen to you when your opinion is at the same direction as theirs. If they want to buy 1000 shares, you suggest buy 10000 shares, they may buy more. But if you tell them sell short 1000 shares, they will ignore you

Just breached $206.

The coming qtr is thanksgiving and X-Mas spending time. Normally, Apple keeps the forecast conservative level so that they definitely meet it.

I purchased more stocks, to hold long, as I see price down is temporary effect.

3 Likes

Grave dancing comments are not welcomed. Go pump your Amzn some more. You’ll need that.

I agree. Economy is doing decently. Pay is up. People will be spending these holidays. Apple will have a good Q4.

2 Likes

:dancing_women:

Most of the people, individual investors, are not calculating what Tim Cook forecast, just reading/believing the market, but Apple is strong with likely 90B rev (Q1) and likely 19.8B profit.

With current price reduced earning yield comes to 7.94% ($207.48) .

I really doubt whether AAPL will reach below 200 !

1 Like

Could happen intraday briefly. Can put a GTC stink bid around $195 to catch the transient drop.
Alternatively, GTC short put(Jun 2019 $205) at $22 for annualized return of nearly 25%

Even Intra-day touching 200 results Earnings Yield (EY) 8.24% with 90B rev. If 93B rev achieved, EY goes to 8.52%, a great return.

Rather than Short Put, is it better to have long call $22?

Do things that big right, and details will come out in the wash. You can even make money on a stock like Apple as a more-mature company, because its price-to-earnings multiple, now 15 using estimates for the company’s new fiscal year (making no allowance for the $270 billion of cash and securities on Apple’s balance sheet), has never been very high.

Call me nuts, but Apple at a below-market multiple makes total sense even if analysts are mad that the company says it isn’t going to disclose unit sales for iPhone any more. (FactSet says the S&P now trades at just over 20 times forward earnings.)

I was pandering to manch who is only willing to buy at $180s.
Long calls is more risky since it has to go above (205 + 16) $215 to make money whereas short put makes $22 so long AAPL stays above $205.

Nice chance ! Pulling you too now :rofl: Like you were waiting for TSLA $240 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hanera: irrational about Tsla
Manch: irrational about Apple and Tsla

1 Like