Are we heading 2008 return? See the appreciation, exactly like 2008

Trump is made scapegoat by Markets, real issue is stocks on sale by big finance companies, hedge funds etc.

Who is to say for sure the Fed hikes come ==> FED itself transparent how many hikes they are making it. This year 3 including last hike. Everything they are transparent last few years.

I suspected this fall, during Jan end, but market went up after two big fall 1175+1100. My original thought, it must go before end of march and it is going right.

So you are saying recent stock decline is real bear? ==> I do not know, but it looks like the one.

If it is real correction, it is good for real estate buyers like you and me, wait for an year and get a good deal.

The next recession will hit corporations really hard, meaning stock market will crash much more than real estate market. Job loss could be bad, but BA job market might be different and we could have a shallow job loss, just like 2008-2011.

Which industry has high corporate debt load and likely go through really bad default and bankruptcy? Retail is one. What else?

Minerd predicts the Fed will hike rates four times this year and four times next year, increasing the benchmark funds rate to a range of 3.25 percent to 3.5 percent in two years from the current 1.5 percent to 1.75 percent.

“We are essentially running out of labor and other factors of production are being stretched—makes it extremely hard not to see how inflation and wage pressures will pass through to the real economy,” he wrote. “When the overnight rate gets to 3 percent the amount of free cash flow in corporate America will be reduced to a level which is consistent with what we have seen in prior recessions.”

The analyst said when the economy enters the next recession companies will have the “highest debt load” in history.

“The next recession is going to emanate from the corporate sector,” Minerd wrote. “There is likely to be a sharp decline in employment and a sharp decline in profitability, followed by widening credit spreads as the market discounts the expectation of higher corporate defaults.”

Sarcasm. Dont see anything that can cause a recession.

1 Like

You are confusing me. Tag your sarcasms man!

1 Like

This thread is what gossip magazines look like. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Stock crash will hurt high end buyers the most. That market has been slowing for a couple of years. Mid range and lower still need buyers with high pay. Jobs are key. Watch the unemployment rate.

2 Likes

Really? Stocks rose like a phoenix for the last couple years, so how come the high end market slowed for the last couple years?

2 Likes

I think that the highend like PA got ahead of itself. The $2m and below homes have gone up a lot. My old $3m house in Emerald Hills has gone up 3% a year since I sold in 2015.
You get way more for your money per sf at $3m than $1.5m
But there are few buyers for $3m and up houses.

1 Like

What’s the problem?

To keep the economy going, the country needs a plan to up skill people to fill the 6M open jobs. It’s probably easiest to up skill people that already have jobs for better jobs. Then let people that are currently out of the work force take the entry-level jobs.

1 Like

About 8 or 9%.

Here is another home and jump

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/1031-Clyde-Ave-95054/unit-704/home/12171214

1 Like

How do we call this, spike in 2 years

2016 sold is real with one corp to another corp !

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Sunnyvale/355-Morse-Ave-94085/home/659331

How_do_we

“Remodeled and expanded”.

1 Like