Asia Pacific Stocks

Xi =

:clown_face:

China’s stocks have underperformed global peers. Here are tech stocks:

1 Like

When Chinese can’t get themselves out they try to get their money out.

And some say the Chinese yuan will be reserve currency one day? Not even the Chinese want it.

It’s back to the Mao days of iron rice bowls. Young people in China just want to get government jobs. No more risk taking.

Alibaba stock price now is only half of its 2018 level. JD and Tencent didn’t appreciate at all in the last 5 years, returning much worse than Nasdaq.

Price over future earnings is very low for Chinese tech.

Buy at max pessimism in Oct 2022. BABA and TCEHY have bottom then. They have been consolidating, buy now before they :rocket: again.
Remember they are down because of geo-politics, not because of fundamentals.

Huh? Alibaba revenue growth negative this year. Why blame geopolitics? Did you mean China’s internal politics and that Xi is a moron?

Trace it back to geo politics. I am tired of drawing intestines.

Sure. Xi is dumb therefore we have geopolitical problems.

According to Desmond Shum — once at the head of a multibillion-dollar development firm that he left in 2015 upon tighter control by Beijing — sales across industries, even those thought to be insulated from any slowdown, are falling, and the economic outlook among Chinese consumers is so dire that executives are reporting blatant acts of theft by employees.

“Several things have shocked me in conversations I’ve had with businesspeople in China,” he said. “A big dairy company is producing more milk powder because people are cutting back on buying milk. Normally this is one of the last things you would cut out.”

Xi must be a CIA agent. Gutting China from within.

More homeless people in Shanghai now.

Believe in American propaganda at your own peril.

Visitor arrival stats in Japan. May 2023 vs May 2019.

Visitors from China crashed over 82%. Even steeper decline than Russia.

1 Like

Max bad news is best time to BUY :moneybag:

Did you buy?

Michael Pettis has been pounding the table forever on this exact same point and looks like it’s finally happening. I have been posting some of Pettis’ comments here over the years.

Things that aren’t sustainable can’t go on forever. It’s a tautology. But the tricky part is no one knows exactly when the party will be over. Looks like it’s finally over.

Sound like everywhere including here.

Buy buy buy!

BABA is very undervalued.
Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 8.15.55 AM

And yet you didn’t buy.