Austin MSA vs SFBA and TX vs CA

Being from the East Bay, Concord was always considered a low end area. Times have changed. What’s next? Antioch? Stockton

I saw Pittsburg getting a tech park and concord has this long pending construction of huge 13000 home units community in the naval weapon station.

TX- 56
CA-38
https://cdn-ampba.nitrocdn.com/VaNVqvxhvMYDFLcrxPbwzvSjuSxohZGZ/assets/static/optimized/rev-ff76a4c/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/02_The-Happiest-States-in-the-US_Map.png

Massachusetts ties with Louisiana. Ouch.

If you know how they arrived at the score you would laugh. I’m sure you would have analyzed. :slight_smile: this looks like just for fun score.

1 Like

Check the bottom left of the picture

Utah number 1. Kind of like Texas, not really part of the United States( has its own Port of Entry)… #1, Maybe because the Mormon religion requires prefrontal lobotomies… Lol. My sister likes Utah. THer kids appreciate it more after moving away and coming back. The people are so friendly it makes us Californian cynics nervous. They smile way to much… . I don’t like the weather in SLC. Foggy inversion layer in winter. Too cold in winter…
10-20 degrees colder average than Tahoe) and too hot in summer. Park City is ok. No fog…But mediocre skiing for tourists only( Alta only for me) and as expensive as California. And even Tahoe and without the lake. My sister has a getaway in Teasdale. Southern Utah. Near Capitol Reef National park. 10 hours from civilization

Remember the scene in the Star Trek movie where they travel back in time to get a whale? Spock makes some off-color remark and Kirk tries to cover it up by saying Spock had too much LDS in the 60’s?

Oh. So maybe CA comes out low because the algorithm thinks Asian and Indian faces always look unhappy :slight_smile:

1 Like

New income divides? There’s nothing new about it.

1 Like

The problem is magnified by higher wages and net worth growth . Inflation is the culprit not successful rich people.

Another Measure of California’s Rising Costs

In San Jose, the average police officer salary is $189,000, not including benefits. That’s almost as much as the mayor’s.

Doesn’t seem that much to me… :man_shrugging:t3:

Over 1 in 10 New Texas Residents Migrated There From California

Foot-traffic data compiled by Placer.ai show that between July 2019 and July 2022, 11.1% of new Texans originated from California – the most of any other state.

Methodology?

How many are you expecting?

Most Californians go to metros of Austin, Dallas and Houston, so fairly visible.

Back of the envelope, 3 metros, roughly 3 million; TX population roughly 30 million; So 11.1% becomes 100%?

Nearly 100% of new Texans to Austin, Dallas and Houston originated from California

This is from 2019-2020. My guess would be the numbers are much higher from 2020-2022(covid+wfh times).

1 Like

How the ‘Rise of the Rest’ Became the ‘Rise of the Rents’

The pandemic helped spread the sky-high housing prices of coastal hubs to other cities across the US. Here’s why it happened.

3 Likes