Austin MSA vs SFBA and TX vs CA

Going to FL, TX and AZ.

1 Like

What’s going on? First San Diego and now this. And both shooters older Asians.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/01/22/california-gun-laws-monterey-park-shooting/

Still, with its restrictive state laws, California has among the lowest firearms mortality rates in the nation, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It ranked seventh lowest nationwide with 8.5 deaths per 100,000 people in 2020 — well below the nationwide average of 13.7. Texas posted a rate of 14.2. Georgia had a rate of 17.7. The highest rate was in Mississippi, at 28.6 deaths per 100,000 people.

I wonder if they’ll release stats on the percentage of gun owners who comply.

Yeah, I bet 100% of illegal gun owners will buy the insurance

1 Like
1 Like

So the “relief” is to kick back $38 which everyone would have gotten in a few months anyway?

Brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo founded the wine company in 1933 in Modesto, and it remains a family-owned business. E. & J. Gallo Winery owns popular, low-cost wine brands Barefoot Wine and AndrĂ©, as well as non-wine brands such as hard seltzer High Noon and New Amsterdam Vodka. Last year, it became the NFL’s official wine sponsor.

The winery’s move from Gallo Sales Company, the Modesto-headquartered subsidiary of E. & J. Gallo Winery that handled distribution in California, to Texas company Republic National Distributing Company will result in mass layoffs, including senior roles.

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/california-barefoot-wine-conducting-layoffs-17744178.php

Amazing they picked some if the most depressing places in the country. These kids can’t wait to leave. My Dad escaped the Massholes 80 years ago. Minnesota, North Dakota?
 who the hell wants to live there?. My Dad’s home town of Springfield Mass is a certified shithole. Vermont and New Hampshire are Massachusets light. All his family left Springfield, Even New York is loosing people to Florida and Texas.
California is at least #1 for family fun. I would not live anywhere in the US except the west
Californias are mainly moving to neighboring western states and Texas. I doubt many are going to Minnesota or North Dakota.

As far as New Jersey Fuggetaboutit. The butt of national jokes

1 Like

Princeton is nice. I have family there. The rest of it

I lived in Princeton in 1962. The locals were really nasty. Especially to a California kid with a Cal sweater. I learned how to fight. I remember how to load snowballs with rocks. I was 8 . The best thing was going to NYC which was pretty far away. I remember vividly the sights and splendor of the city. Stayed at the Biltmore Hotel. Shopped at FOA Schwartz. Went to the top of the Empire State Building. The Statue of Liberty
The Automats, the Checker cabs. Totally different than Berkeley or Princeton.

Minneapolis is a great place for families. Housing is affordable and schools are good. Can live comfortably on a single income. Only downside is the cold winters. But hey it’s only 3 months a year and it builds character.

350 days with below 0 weather. I enjoy snow and ski. But our average January temperatures are in the 40’s Minneapolis was brutal weather. Same with North Dakota.

1 Like

From Quora

It is interesting where and why people move. But if you live in the Midwest anywhere looks good. This guy didn’t follow his whole contradictory criteria. But like most people he went for the cheapest place, not the best place. I have lots of friends move to Arizona. And have made money there. But only visited briefly .

I don’t like the heat or the desert. Not for me.
Florida and Texas are too hot and humid.
When I get sick of the snow I will spend my remaining winter days at my farm with basically BA weather. But always Tahoe in the summer.

“I’ve lived in Michigan my whole life and can’t deal with winter anymore. Is Florida a good place to move to or is there a better alternative?
](https://www.quora.com/I-ve-lived-in-Michigan-my-whole-life-and-can-t-deal-with-winter-anymore-Is-Florida-a-good-place-to-move-to-or-is-there-a-better-alternative)

When I decided to relocate from eastern Nebraska, I was very methodical. I made a list of must avoid at all costs? Such as unbearable humidity. Snow and ice. Big cities. High crime areas. I made a list of must haves. Mild winters. Low population density. Inexpensive real estate. Proximity to population centers. I made a list of wants. Close to ocean, lakes or a river. Close to cultural venues. Outside of city limits. Public transportation.

Then I looked at a map. Midwest and south east were out. Then I ruled out the north east. Then California. Then Oregon a Washington. I narrowed it down to my short list. I whittled away at my short list to TX, NM and AZ.

I researched online. I read about what people were saying about various areas in those states. I looked at crime statistics. I looked at property values. I looked at job opportunities.

And ultimately, I decided on south east AZ. I found a property with very favorable terms, it meets ALL of my needs, and most of my wants.

I moved down here two years ago today, 12/24, and I’ve no regrets. It isn’t perfect, but it is home.

So I suggest that you make a list of can’t haves, needs and wants. And be realistic. Then spend some time researching. Moving across the country is a big event, so make it a good move.”

1 Like