Austin MSA vs SFBA and TX vs CA

The route to health is surprisingly simple. Don’t over-eat :slight_smile: and drink more water or tea in lieu of soda and coffee. The only exercise needed is 30 mins per day which I think most people are able to do without trying.

How not to over-eat?
No snacks, maximum three meals per day. No processed foods e.g. canned food, cereals, breads, biscuit, etc.

1 Like

It’s hard to be on the go without a sandwich but yeah, mostly shop off the produce and fresh meat and fish aisles. Canned, frozen and most of the deli counter are bad neighborhoods. And it’s not just calories, it’s salt. If the average American cut their salt intake to what FDA recommends - which is still too high for some people - they’d drop at least 5 pounds of retained water.

CA January deficit estimate has now increased to $32B.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4002196-newsom-announces-california-budget-deficit-much-larger-than-previously-expected/

They better pass more free programs for people. That’ll fix it.

“According to a study conducted by the Police Executive Research Forum, states WalletHub place high on their list have had a disproportionate;y hard time retaining police.

The 2020-2021 year saw an 18% increase in resignations and a 45% increase in the retirement rate. Seattle lost over 200 officers between 2020-2021 and Chief Medaria Arradondo of Minneapolis has said his staffing woes are so bad police have been relegating to “responding to 911 calls” as opposed to proactive policing.

Washington saw a crime increase of 55%, Minnesota an increase of 55%, and WalletHub put them in the 8th and 11th spot respectively, well above states with much lower increases like Texas, Florida, and Ohio.”

Cool, so if I pick BS criteria then I can claim any state I want is the top state in something. One of their 3 criteria is how much competition there is for job openings. How desirable is a job if there’s no competition, because no one wants the job? It shouldn’t be a surprise that defund the police states have little competition for the jobs.

1 Like

Sell RSUs :wink:

In Austin, can let RSUs compound :money_mouth_face:

I think this shows six figure isn’t much anymore. Then people are relaxing that at higher incomes paying state income tax sucks.

Before His Killing, Tech Executive Bob Lee Led an Underground Life of Sex and Drugs

https://archive.is/2023.05.14-210020/https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/bob-lee-stabbing-sex-drugs-lifestyle-san-francisco-5a7da970

CA sure has a lot of them doesn’t it? AZ looks pretty safe for black folk by comparison. And the towns they list as “probable” here aren’t (Prescott? Really? And Scottsdale? You have GOT to be kidding me). The few that are, like maybe Show Low, aren’t marked.

Seriously? The list for Seattle:

I’m pretty sure Detroit or Chicago are far more dangerous for black people. Of course, SJW fanatics always ignore black-on-black violence.

California…

“But 15 years later, there is not a single mile of track laid”

“The project has spent $9.8 billion so far, according to Brian Kelly, CEO of the California High-Speed Rail Authority.”

Sorry, but anyone that votes to give them more money for the project is an idiot.

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-05-18/disney-drops-plan-to-move-2-000-workers-to-florida-amid-fight

Look on the bright side.
All this green stuff Biden’s EPA is trying to mandate? It’s never going to happen. Not in our lifetimes anyway. Same deal as CA’s HSR. That’s why there isn’t more pushback from industry.

1 Like

VC investment in Q1 2023. I thought tech all moved to Austin and Miami? Turns out Austin has even less than Nashville and Bay Area has over 30x more?

Rekt.

And Miami isn’t even on the list? Heard their mayor is cold calling VCs begging for money?

Rest assured though. The Bay Area naysayers never learn. Every year they will spin up some harebrained narratives explaining why this year will be different.

1 Like

Old man still bragging his past achievements. Young upstarts are too busy challenging themselves.

I want to see the distrubition of where the employees live. That’s just where the HQ is. I see more and more people in my network working for Bay Area startups but living outside the Bay Area. The employee distrubiton will determine where the future wealth goes.

1 Like

Not all employees are created equal. The people who are the most technically advanced and care the most live here. People who just want a paycheck and phoning it in? They can live anywhere they want.