Austin MSA vs SFBA and TX vs CA

Good Answer. @acre also thinks the equities provide the best protection.

1 Like

Short term you can by joining the party of assets that are inflating long term complete exit from society that will become totally unproductive due to asset inflation. The bigger problem is that this asset price inflation is adding to imports from Europe/China/Korea/Japan which in turn enriching Russia and China as these countries spend money made from US consumers and business. now to fight these countries Pentagon has to build more advance and complex weopons that obviously lead to price rises, sucking up more technical skilled people and bigger budgets from education system that already uncompetitive. I doubt we will have another bridge on the bay or access control freeways that bypass city congestion. . this inflation is already impacting infrastructure and hence quality of life.

look at wording.
https://simpleflying.com/emirates-777x-program-disarray/

The problem is that Russia and China are in no better shape than the US. Asset price inflation is a worldwide problem because governments all over the world have been following the same monetary policies and printing money without any hesitation. It is just a matter of who is doing more or who is doing less, but all are doing the same.

WC Fields answer to inflation. “ I spend my money on women booze and gambling, the rest I wasted”

This your opinion based on research?. There is deep research about this topic in Europe. (history of weimar republic). not just you read in the news. Europe does not put Russia and China in same category in Asset price depended societies as US. Asset price bubble bursting and US dollar reserve status decline will not be going back to 1970s stagflation. it will be some thing else.
Europeans control world aviation market. and they dont give certificates unless European firms involved. but they gave recently to Russian engine which were banned untill now. This will tell you the direction of Europe.

Asset price inflation is not big problem for generally trade surplus countries as these countries are generally more productive , organized and homogenous.

In theory, faster inflation of currency and asset is good because it forces people to keep working and earning a living. You cannon sit on wealth earned earlier or by your forefathers. If there was no inflation and gold or bitcoin becomes only money then sooner or later a few rich people would acquire all wealth and since there is no more wealth to be acquired they will have the entire wold enslaved.

So wealth inflation is actually good.

1 Like

Wealth inflation and monetary inflation are two different things. When the value of money declines typically income and wealth disparities increase because the rich own what is inflating and stay even, so to speak, while the wage slaves see their earnings buying less and less.

“If there was no inflation and gold or bitcoin becomes only money then sooner or later a few rich people would acquire all wealth and since there is no more wealth to be acquired they will have the entire wold enslaved.”
That assumes the supply of wealth is fixed which is it not. People create fresh wealth every day. Devaluation of the currency keeps the poor and lower middle class running faster and faster like hamsters on a wheel trying to get ahead, while the rich, who don’t hold their wealth in currency, are unaffected.

1 Like

The rich getting richer is a fact of life. In reality Americans are so rich that we have to import our poor. Nobody in the US is starving. The homeless problem is basically a drug problem and the idea that the rich cause poverty is ridiculous. Even “the poor” in the US have plenty of food, cell phones, refrigerators air conditioners, etc. all luxuries in the third world.
Despite all this Democrats have decided that class warfare is an acceptable method of governance. It will end badly because the rich pay 90% of taxes. Attacking tax payers and forcing them to pay more will eventually lead to less tax revenues and more “poverty”. Instead we should find ways to create more taxpayers instead forcing the rich to find more shelters or off shore their money.

Even the Democrats plan to import more Democrats (illegal immigrants) will backfire. All that will happen is more unemployment and lower wages for citizens. And more money in the pockets of farmers, contractors and restaurants that hire low wage immigrants.

3 Likes

are you sure we are importing poor because we are rich or we are importing them because we need them due to very large population is either in prison, working for pentagon or in domestic security industry. you know those security guards that protect every businesses (even discount retailer Ross has security guard) and high networth individuals.

Total car sales in US are 16 million a year.but include trucks for business and SUV. if you look at cheapest cars under $20K. it will be hardly 100,000 (cheap cars practically disappeared from US market while Asia still have under $10K cars). but it does not mean cheap car is bought by poor person. it maybe a second vehicle for household or some uber type. there is no evidence that poor people can afford new car or appliances in US let alone insurance and proper maintainance.
before US has superior industrial production so new car if slightly used the price will collapse so most people could afford decent used car at good price. now we are marching towards high used car prices like third world countries without the benefit of cheap labor to fix the cars.

water bill inflation.

When I was young Mcdonald’s used to advertise you could get a burger, fries, and a coke and get change back from your dollar.

Remember when some people said all the free money would incentivize people to not work? Others said that wouldn’t happen.

$13/hr plus tips and they can’t find people. They are discussing hiring bonuses for servers.

Of course, then there’s the long-term risk too. People stay out of the labor market which means they are missing opportunities for advancement. Plus, people are being conditioned that it’s the government’s job to take care of them.

What can possible go wrong?

1 Like

you mean no one wants to work for peanuts at a shit job and put their health at risk for people spitting at them and not tipping them. Totally doesn’t make sense… :thinking:

in other Texas news - I think ERCOT is going to have some issues meeting the AC Load this summer as well. They just called for “conservation” for the “cold” front, where the weather has been in the 50s and 60s. um. How are they going to serve everyone blasting their A/Cs in 90 degree weather?

3 Likes

So everyone should get $100k/yr?

no, but nowhere in the US can a person live on min wage and they shouldn’t be forced to sacrifice their life and health just to eat. Unless you’d rather go back to the time of the serfs, which I’d argue we are already back at, but in a “capitalist” way. McDonald’s pay ratio is 3,101:1 (CEO to lowest paid worker). there is a lot of room for improvement in pay at the lowest levels

2 Likes

Nobody is starving in the USA. We have an obesity epidemic instead.

3 Likes

obesity and much costlier long term health is due to lack of quality.

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/restrictions-on-gmos/eu.php

because bad quality food is cheap. further contributing to obesity and other health issues.

Nowhere in the US can someone can afford rent on a 40hr a week min wage job. I think there was an article that came out recently.

1 Like

That is a total myth. I and most Americans grew up in the sixties on canned and frozen food. No young people were obese then. Liberals want us to feel guilty for the bad eating habits of the poor. Sorry if someone is fat I don’t feel guilty.

2 Likes

I also hear Americans don’t want to do physical work in food processing, restaurants, crop picking etc. These jobs can keep people fit too, in addition to salary and no need of subscription to 24hourfitness etc.

1 Like