Austin Real Estate

Where are you buying? I am definitely bullish on research triangle area of NC from tech standpoint same as Austin.

I own an sfh in Durham, 8 miles from the Apple office.

2 Likes

Just read an old article saying Colorado Springs is super hot. Anybody looked into that market?

Sure . My best one was 100K PP and 20K Rehab and then it got rented for 1200. It’s in Lincolnton , NC

Charlotte , I sold a condo for 230K last year and exchanged the proceeds to a SFH for 230K. This year this SFH Aporoaser for 318K and thus I was able to refinance my entire money out . Rents for 1800 and PITI of $1400 ( I have no money in it )

Another good one was 200K PP last year one acre lot 1800 Sq feet house and I had to put 10-15K and it got rented for 1900. This one was in Gastonia, NC

I got inspired and bought one from market in Gastonia in 2021 for 182K and rented for 1600/pm

I bought two brand new homes for 358K each in Belmont, NC from Meritage homes which I rented for 2300 each .

Basically very happy with the out of state purchases so far

6 Likes

Very good results. How did you do all those improvements and renovation if you are not on the ground there? Out of states deals generally limited by having a good team there. Let me know if any of you have good PM / realtor you can recommend for NC Charlotte area.

Any build quality problem with meritage? There’s a Fb grp swaying ppl not to buy from them. I bought from meritage though.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind what is the sq footage of these meritage homes? And what lot sizes are these on?

If you pm me . I would loop you in and would love to exchange notes about your austin rental also.

I don’t understand the appeal of managing rentals 3000 miles away. Management fees are 5-10% off the the top.
Does the $2300 include water sewer garbage and gardening.
Property tax goes up most places and can eat you alive in a high appreciation area.

1 Like

Assuming property tax is 4%, which scenario is better?

1. $50k annual appreciation hence annual incremental property tax increase of $2k.
  2. $10k annual appreciation hence annual incremental property tax increase of $400.
  3. $0 annual appreciation hence no annual increment in property tax.

I prefer 1.

1 Like

@Elt1 2300 is only for rent and all utilities are paid by renter .

This is for a 358K brand new house and I picked 2 of these last year

Typical price chart of a SFH in NW Austin & N suburbs…

It has been declining from Mar-Apr to Sep-Oct, the digestion of the extremely fast rally from late 2020 may be over.

After digestion, prices continue to :rocket:

Here is a contrarian opinion. Personally Tilson is a total fraud. But he may have some points.

He didn’t say anything in the article.
Note: I didn’t click on the links in the article. If he is referring to WFH tech, then don’t bother about it. We know.

It is click bait. Mainly touting meta verse. About a year too late.
I didn’t dig deep enough to see his RE theory. But stock touts always bash RE. They guy is a complete con artist.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 1.27.18 PM

Hello,
once you found the properties that you like, this tool will help you decide which one is the best for you: www.compareprop.com

Skiing :slight_smile: