Berkeley students encounter mice, mold, bed bugs in dorms

It is. DeAnza CC is near my house, I walked there a few times, saw those signs that say apply to UCB… blah blah blah.

California population is bigger. Also California students apply for all UC campuses and many low qualification kids apply to UCB anyway.

UT Austin receives less applications from instate students so the admission rate comparison is not very useful.

We can increase application fee to $800 and it may improve the admission rate.

1 Like

You can transfer to Stanford from De Anza College as long as you are outstanding in community college

Many inconsistent laws :slight_smile: For example, killing of a fetus through abortion is legal while killing a pregnant woman that lead to the death of a fetus is murder.

There are many near perfect/ perfect GPA students* in Fremont Union High School District. Obama had implemented a quota for each high school to a public university. Could be because of this rule :slight_smile: rather than other college admission criteria.

*It has been a long time, I recalled vaguely about 20-30% of the student pool got near perfect/ perfect GPAs in MVHS… my son is one of the many :neutral_face:

Flags Go National

Why can’t your son or daughter go to UT Austin instead of UCB??

University of Michigan has 67% admissions for out of state. I am afraid that Michigan will have a higher qualified students than UCB. UC should also go national and only admit the most qualified students from every corner of the world. On the other hand, community college should close doors to outsiders.

We should compare against Michigan instead of Texas. Michigan has more things in common with California.

"This early snapshot of U-M admissions shows that of the 65,684 applications, 12,521 were submitted by in-state students with 5,141 being offered admissions for an acceptance rate of 41.1 percent.

From among the 44,014 applications submitted by students living in states other than Michigan and the 9,149 applicants living in other countries, 10,327 were offered admission for an out-of-state acceptance rate of 19.4 percent"

And he made it to UCB eecs. :slightly_smiling_face:
I heard it is about 10% who gets perfect GPA with rigorous course selections in FUHSD schools.
However, we have to keep in mind that their average state test scores are like 94-95%.

1 Like

Speaking of Berkeley, I was there recently and saw a shop selling trendy snacks and stationary from China. The shop even accepts Alipay and WeChat pay. There were also some food delivery robots roaming the sidewalks.

1 Like