Best Bay Area Private Schools

Wow, the real boss has spoken and declared the Fab 7x7 is not overrated!!! Hallelujah!!!

What do people think of all-boys and all-girls schools? I went to an all boy catholic high school back in the days. Great experience. But I was a bit shy around the ladies the first couple years after I graduatedā€¦

I wonder if all girls high schools will shield my girls somewhat from the gender stereotypes? Crap like ā€œgirls are bad at mathā€. Or it doesnā€™t help at all?

That would explain the Tellatubbies fetishā€¦:grin:

Of course, ALL anything SUCKS!!! You just said it, not having gals around your teens essentially caused you to be a bit shy around them. That is exactly my argument against home schooling, Sir!!! You gotta go out in the real world and deal with real live people who may downright hate you and you have to figure it out.

I had a quite gorgeous staffer who went to SI after it went coed. Yeah, the boys hated her I am sureā€¦

I am assuming the private schools are not as pinched as the public sectorā€¦

Looks like some error on this list. I was surprised saw Jack Kerouacā€™s name. On Wikipedia, he grew up in Lowell, MA and attended high school there. Wrong Lowell.

1 Like

On the original link, many schools have grades for Culture & Diversity. For instance, Harker has A- grade.

Iā€™m curious, because I suspected the school is dominated by Asians. So according to link below, 69% Asian and 25% white. So that leaves 6% of other minorities. Doesnā€™t seem too diverse to meā€¦

Diversity for diversityā€™s sake is a hoax.

Most countries in the world are homogenous. Most schools in the world are homogenous. If you go to Mexico, their schools are 100% Latino, there is no blacks, no Asians.

Diversity is misused by Latinos to discriminate against white, black and Asians in Califonia.

In California, Latino is the population majority. They are the threat to our democracy due to their simplistic understanding of fairness and selfishness.

Ok, Supreme Fact Checker, where were you during the debates???:grin:

Ok, pretty diverse and impressive list there @Elt1ā€¦

God, but $40K/yr for HIGH SCHOOL???

Too good to be trueā€¦ :wink:

Lowell High School is the real deal. Sure, these top 50 (err, 49) are exceptional and well known but there are way, way more graduates from there who have done well in life (career-wise and financially). Come on, on a tiny, tiny scale my poker buddy and fellow Lowell classmate is financially secure and retired way early in life. There are not too many homeless Lowell High School graduates out thereā€¦ trust me.

Lots of distinguished alumns and only 450 students currently. ā€¦240 in 1971ā€¦Only 43 seniorsā€¦Lick was a special placeā€¦although I didnā€™t appreciate it till I went to my 45 year reunion. .Hated high school loved collegeā€¦UCB class of 1975ā€¦

Were you a hippie back then? Enjoyed the free love on campus?

I was a trend setterā€¦part of the post hippie movementā€¦

That just means you missed all the fun. Bummer. :smile:

We had fun and we remember itā€¦unlike the stoned out pre boomers in the sixties lead by Timothy Learyā€¦We were the pre 80s generation that welcomed Regan and all the excess consumerism of the 80sā€¦Personally I followed my grandfatherā€™s advice, who bought real estate in the 30sā€¦Buy young and never sellā€¦

1 Like

Elt is the campanile built to bedrock?

Well, doesnā€™t anything at Cal lean to the left???

Letā€™s get the satellites on this

Donā€™t know about the Campanile. .But was just in Venice and there were a bunch built on mud that were leaning. .The Tower in Pisa has been leaning for 500 yearsā€¦As us Italian Americans sayā€¦Fugetaboutit. ā€¦