Bitcoin's 10 trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Doesn’t matter what China says on crypto. Bad news have been played out regarding China. Either bitcoin will hit 20k or 100k but very likely the latter. :star_struck:

2 Likes

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/e901b4c5-28a3-36d4-842e-1a06bb4f0678/here’s-why-this-billionaire.html

Paulson had another piece of advice for those who just happen to have $100,000 laying around: Use it to buy your own home.

Bearish on crypto but bullish on housing. Exact opposite of @pastora

I did not take blockchain serious till I watched Vitalik Buterin (ethereum cofounder) on Bloomberg yesterday. According to him, blockchain is not just crypto currencies but a new ecosystem for application development. I did not understand much of what he said, but seems like blockchain technology will go farther than currencies (that are based on block chains). Any one with an understanding of this matter, please comment.

yes, the reason everyone moving to Eth (and maybe Solana if Eth can’t reduce their gas fees) is because of the Dapp (distributed app) possibilities. right now most applications are supply chain and fin tech, but I am looking at energy applications. I’ve been dabbling in the blockchain/Dapp world since 2017 looking at energy applications. right now, for energy, BC is an “expensive” (in terms of compute) solution looking for a problem to solve, but there is a lot of exciting stuff going on that can overcome some of these issues.

1 Like

What is meaning of “energy application”? What are they? Expensive in computer science to me means a program or application that takes lot of memory space and time (or that is not scalable on memory and time as the data of size gets larger)? Is that what expensive means? Probably also the actual power drawn from grid to run the computers?

Hah, I’m not bearish in real estate at all. I think over time, it will continue to go up but I do think it will stabilize/consolidate for a while. In that scenario, I would like to keep $ in a more liquid form and move it to something that’s more transformative and liquid. I’m looking to buy the best property in the consolidation phase, not overbid on so-so property right now.

Paulson says,
“I always say the best investment for an average individual is to buy their own home”. I’m not an average investor. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think he’s basically saying leverage yourself 10:1 and buy RE while the credit is low for your own home. He’s also basically saying bond will fall with rising interest rate which is detrimental to the RE. He’s contradicting himself imo. He probably didn’t get into crypto early on and crying over it. He needs to get over it. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I need to do actual work for my day job right now, so I will explain later. Yes, expensive is that it takes a lot of memory space/time. Bitcoin energy usage is huge, right now estimated to be the amount of energy used by Finland.

1 Like

Right now, NFT is hot with most transactions happening in the Ethereum (with SOL/MATCI/etc as 2nd tiers). It’s mostly image/video/memorabilia type of contents that’s being bought and sold but to me, the biggest area is the trademark area (be in metaverse, games, sports cards, contracts, etc). So in a sense, it’s an application layer to support those transactions/contracts/content.

It’s a bubble in the NFT space so I would stay away from it for now. Hell, even I’m funding designers to create a few ideas so it’s a bubble. :wink:

You can see the usage of the Ethereum here. The more it burns, the better.

3 Likes

Any1 wants to pay $1M for my original avatar?

Sell incur commissions :slight_smile: and tax payable. Then you need to do a lot of leg work to buy a new one. I think I will just hold and watch TV serials. There are many fun Chinese and Korean TV serials. I subscribe to Ratuken Viki (which has many originals and videos by IQ). I also have Prime Video and HBO Max (free with ATT Fiber) but don’t watch much, don’t appreciate English shows.

ETH 2.0 (scheduled to release early next yr) which uses POS (proof of stake) would fix energy usage to great extent right?

2 Likes

If you’re a believer of bitcoin super-cycles, I think cycle based TA works the best. I’ve looked at a lot of the other TA for crypto and they don’t work well. I think cycle based approach requires a lot more patience but I like this analysis. Nothing fancy.

His targets by end of Sept or mid October:
100k+ bitcoin
10k+ ether

1 Like

This yr September ETH 10K? That’s a huge target isn’t it? Mostly I’m seeing 5k prediction by this year end.

Yeah, he’s saying double for bitcoin and 3-4x for ethereum/altcoins. He also says the massive rip could happen in a matter of 2 weeks. Either way, I wouldn’t be surprised but I do think it needs a big dip next 1-3 weeks to get this pump going.

1 Like

I, and probably many, many others, will sell a substantial amount of BTC around 100k. I would like to wait until say 120k, but I feel like game theory psychology would guess there would be a ton of resistance getting near 100k and it would take a lot of volume to overcome it in just a few months.

1 Like

Hottest Crypto Coins Are the Bitcoin and Ether Alternatives

About 15% of Americans who received the first two stimulus checks invested part or all of the money, and about half of this group invested specifically in cryptocurrencies, according to a survey of more than 1,000 U.S. adults conducted by The Harris Poll for Yahoo Finance.

The space is dominated by younger generations, he said, and all they know is a Federal Reserve that’s been almost-perpetually accommodative.