Buy the dip in the housing market in 2019

Wait… This statement doesn’t sound like someone with $10+ million net worth… :rofl:

2 Likes

What’s the use of the money if you don’t spend?

Sometimes one might feel extra flush - in those instances, one can splurge on a bag of cashews to add to the spinach salad. :joy::rofl:

Some people get incredible orgasms looking at huge big numbers in their bank account…

The “Oracle of Omaha” tailors his breakfast order according to how the market is doing that day, according to the HBO documentary “Becoming Warren Buffett.” If the market’s down, Buffett opts for the $2.95 sausage McMuffin instead of the $3.17 bacon egg and cheese biscuit.

“I tell my wife, as I shave in the morning, I say, ‘Either $2.61, $2.95 or $3.17.’ And she puts that amount in the little cup by me here [in the car],” Buffett said in the documentary.

1 Like

Make sure you order a large size of envy and regrets in your nice restaurant. :smile:

2 Likes

Do you? :joy:

I get one. @aalj gets 10. @manch should get at least a hundred :rofl:

Good anecdote! Since I will never approach even 1/10000 of WB’s worth, I refuse to spend the princely sum of 2.95 on a sausage mcmuffin. 1.50 is more my style. :rofl::joy:

I underestimated the number of orgasms you are having…

1 Like

I grew up here. Pretty much born here. It’s hard to get in the market now which of course is pretty apparent. I mean, I’m from Cupertino…close to the foothill area.

Marrying in your 20s is generally a recipe for disaster. People are not settled down emotionally and financially at that age.

If you buy a house, you will mature overnight. You can only date homeowners, no exceptions for renters :rofl:

1 Like

When I was lamenting, long before, to my friend, he was telling “Every time, it is like that until neck/head deep loan”. He advised me to first break the thresh hold by paying extra premium to get the other bidders out. He is clairvoyant and his advise helped me break the barrier , my first home purchase at Cupertino 15 years before.

2 Likes

One does need to get lucky to marry somebody in their 20s that is emotionally and financially mature. It is not impossible. That said, people change over time, so when one gets married in their 20s, they are also making a bet that their spouse isn’t going to hit middle age and go nuts/crazy and turn into someone else.

Lots of risks. Getting married is a big gamble. One of the biggest setbacks in life is divorce… avoid that bullet if one can. I have seen soooooo many couples split up in their 40s - a huuuuuge setback in life, both emotionally and financially.

Or … you don’t even need to be the highest bidder. Just do a fast close and waive contingencies if you’re confident about the quality and condition of the property. The last one I bought, I was not the highest bidder but I had a 5-day-close and waived contingencies. And, of course, I wrote a warm and fuzzy letter to the sellers.

1 Like

Housing market is still lukewarm right now. It’s very easy to buy a house now, loan contingency is ok.

It’s already end of February, I start to worry about the market :joy: Too many waiters, we need more bidders

1 Like

I knew you had a crystal ball…:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::laughing:

Some people are in the look out for “the right $ guy/girl”. They are called gold what? :laughing::sweat_smile:

Um… not if you are smart when it comes to divorce settlements and prenups.