Buy the dip in the housing market in 2019

Don’t marry Americans, 50% divorce rate.

1 Like

If you can beat 99% of the people in wealth, you don’t think you can beat 50% of the people when it comes to marriage?

No. Different skill sets. Wealth is often luck. Getting married to the right person requires not thinking with your little head. Also, getting married to the right person often requires embracing frugality.

Plenty of super wealthy people make the wrong choice when getting married.

I’d rather be super wealthy and married wrong than marrying right and be poor still.

One word Bezos

2 Likes

If you don’t marry a poor spouse you’ll be fine

1 Like

What is the logic behind poor spouse? Millionaire spouse may be used to millions, you need withstand that pressure.

I think the logic should be that you want to marry a spouse that is rich in spirit and couldn’t care less about materialism. If your spouse is not materialistic then whether you are poor or rich, it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Since you have successful diverted one question about yourself, may be you should tell us more about your marriage.

1. Are your spouse and you in the 20s when you guys tied the knots?
  2. At mid 40, did you have the well-documented itch?

Is this a wish or is what you did?

1 Like

Not interested in his sex life. Tell us your number damn it. :rofl:

Here’s wishing to be back in Cupertino. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Too greedy. Buy your home in East San Jose and be happy to be able to own a piece of land in Silicon Valley.

At this point I would say that is a fair strategy.

And Cupertino is for nostalgic reasons. I was forged in Tino.

1 Like

I was forged in Atherton. I always wanted to own a 5 story mansion there… :rofl:

Please drop your sense of entitlement. Growing up in a certain place doesn’t mean you deserve to own a piece of land there. Why weren’t you buying during the Great Recession? If you couldn’t time your purchase then, you should stop timing the market altogether, because, to be frank, your timing stinks. Would you rather build home equity or fatten your landlord? Up to you.

3 Likes

No. You were not forged in Cupertino. You were made in Cupertino. You are a human being, not a metal object heated in a furnace and then subsequently hammered into shape. Too much Millenial marketing speak. :joy::rofl::joy:. I jest :-). Kind of.

1 Like

Society should reward young homeowners by giving them higher social respect. Media can promote that homeowners are more reliable than renters, more responsible, more attractive. We should have movies and TVs showing that people choose to date homeowners over renters.

Most movies and TVs showing the actors and actresses renting, which is bad examples for people.

I have an idea to film a movie called “owners only” with a beautiful girl rejecting all the dates who still rent a home :rofl: this might be more effective to increase homeownership

I do not know how much you are eligible, but you can get Condos in some areas in Cupertino. From last Dec 2018 to may be middle of 2020 is the right time to get a home. Unless stocks dips, real estate is not dipping in bay area. I have even seen this is Oct-Dec-2018 lot of houses available, but now it is all getting offers, going to pending.

Whatever I am hearing from FED, Bloomberg, the FED rate hike is stopping, but unlikely to reduce the rates for next five years until long term 10-year note is normalized for higher rates. This means mortgage rate steadily going to increase to pre-2006 level. All these 3%-4.5% mortgage rates will be history in USA.

If you (or any one missing) this 2018-2020 low real estate period, cost of borrowing reduces their eligibility. Look at long term and buy the best house you want.

I would even suggest you buy SFH wherever you are eligible than Cupertino.

1 Like

You should be Chinese living in China. America is not the right place for you.