Can we spray texture over the painted Sheet rock in the garage?

I have a garage in which sheet rock is already painted, but did not have any texture over it. I feel having a texture over the sheet rock looks nice and durable.

Can we spray texture over the painted Sheet rock in the garage?

Yes, you can do it. I always have a difficult time getting the texture even.

2 Likes

That is what my handyman said, texture is an art and it is difficult for people to do to make even application. He said he has done in the past but before applying paint.

Why? I prefer smooth walls. It was actually more expensive to have smooth walls (granted upstairs in main house) than doing texture since requires a lot of sanding and making sure imperfections are fixed whereas texture you can hide things.

Yes, look and feel.

I am still thinking whether to do or not as I have only 3 days left for my Handyman to do that work.

1 Like

It is being done inside the house. One drywall is removed to match it the contractor respray the entire walls matching the rest of the house. It has a variable nozzle. Nothing to it. The GC wife came over did it nicely. The pressurized bottle type I have applied to holes and it was OK. That involves some practice.

1 Like

Sanding or roughen the painted surface will make it last longer.
Sam

1 Like

Yes, that is what my handyman said he will do. Any way, moving that project later as there is no time left to do now.