Central Subway Project

saying liberals want rent control is like saying conservatives want all aspects of civil government abolished (department of energy, education, health, etc). Politics isn’t binary and people generally don’t support rent control (hence why Prop 10 is losing)

Let’s not count our chickens just yet. If I recall, Hillary ordered a sheetload of champagne too.

GO OUT AND VOTE PEOPLE!!!

1 Like

Thanks for share the information.

We ain’t got that kind of money!!!

http://www.sfexaminer.com/marina-district-may-board-central-subway-extension/

1 Like

Who cares about Marina?

I’m surprised it’s 90% that are over budget and late. I’d have thought it’s 100%. Someone should study the 10% and learn how they did it right.

1 Like

:+1:

Definitely have to learn how to be on time/ on budget. Have always thought huge infra projects are inherently risky, cost overrun and delayed.

It’s amazing since when there’s a privately financed stadium they come in on time and on budget. Those are $1B+ projects.

Political power is fragmented. Government agencies are at cross currents. There are over 100 cities with different interests. No way anything gets done.

“Experts should be in the room with planners and policymakers, telling them, “These projects are hard, they take a long time, they’re going to cost more than we think,” says Trapenberg Frick.”

That makes it sound like people pull numbers out of the air with no real idea how much a project will cost.

1 Like

98% complete!

1 Like

Is it 99.99% now?

wtf. I saw this project “near completion” when we moved into that neighborhood, then moved down to peninsula, then left the country. This is still not finished?

crazy thing is, they aren’t even building underground - most of the train travels on the street surface. All they gotta do is lay out the tracks and adjust up the traffic lights…

1 Like

Unions, Davis Bacon, OSHA, EPA, nymbies…. There is an endless list why we can’t afford new infrastructure.