Cerebral Valley, Come On Down!

5-6k?
We’re a bunch of RE folks. It doesn’t faze us. LOL Too bad I don’t know the world of market rents.

I only have 1 studio unit and the rent is $850, utilities included! :rofl:

No… again you are talking to Mr. Cheapo Dragonboy…

I think he said $3k???

And yes, I did APOLOGIZE to his mom and him for the SAD STATE OF SAN FRANCISCO!!!

Of course I had to make his head even bigger by getting all giddy that he worked at Google before. I asked him about the interview process of course back then and I guess the young man killed it. 3 rounds I believe and over the computer (covid). He did say he left at a good time right before the layoffs for a startup.

I see. $3k-ish for a studio (assuming with good amenities) seems standard and not that crazy. I guessed higher since you said it was SO expensive.

You personally being cheap has nothing to do with HIS rent :rofl:

1 Like

I get that, but my mortgages for either my Sunset 4/4 or my San Bruno 4/3 are LESS than that $3K for a shoebox…

His mom was cool, so she may fly from Down Under to meet up with us to pig out in Penang in December…

Why didn’t you cash out refi when you could’ve gotten mortgages at sub-2% to sub-3% ?!?

I did. Remember, I have 2.5% on the Sunset and that is about to be paid off in 3 years. San Bruno is at 3.5 or 3.75 and we are selling in a year or two. I will “gladly” pay Uncle Sam his share of the capital gains.

I am really in that minimalist stage of my life. I want to sell everything… from my comic books, to my Rolex to my houses. The plan is to downsize to a 2 bd condo around here (want to be near SFO) and just travel around the world and stay in Malaysia for long spells. It saddens me greatly to say this, but this area has no longer meant everything to me. I could use some adventure in Malaysia where I can travel all over there rather easily. I can hit Japan, Korea, Thailand, Bali, Australia, etc…

So…you didn’t cash out.

You big bro mentor didn’t tell you to take the CASH and run?

All good. I’m just messing around. You do you.

At some point at a buffet, does one stop eating? Yes.

Why on earth would I want more debt and headaches with money owed when I don’t even know what to do with my assets as it is now? We have no kids, remember?

Please, while my big bro is a multi millionaire he also does not understand the concept of enjoying life while you can. All that money and for what? Just to give it to your kids to blow? Stupid…

Unlearn.AI quadruples its office space after raising $50M (sfstandard.com)

1 Like

AI capital of the world baby!

Maybe this is the spark we need to get that spring/summer Bay Area real estate market humming like it used to.

OpenAI deal lets employees sell shares at $86 billion valuation | Mint (livemint.com)

“New York (not New Jersey :)) is 92% smaller. New Jersey isn’t on the map,” Crivello said in a text message. “To paraphrase Tennessee Williams—there’s only one city for AI: San Francisco. Everywhere else is Cleveland.”

WOW!!!

San Francisco billboard claims New Jersey is the ‘next home of AI’ (sfstandard.com)

1 Like

We are trusting these people to keep the world safe :wink:

If you don’t “trust” these people, you can try start an AI company in 3rd rate cities like Austin.

People with the greatest drive are coming to SF to build the future. The rest are just trying to hitch for a free ride.

Taking drug to stay high?

:roll_eyes: