Cerebral Valley, Come On Down!

Move over Silicon Valley, cuz Cerebral Valley is in da house!!!

That buzz about needing to be in the Fab 7x7 for A.I. this time is apparently happening again.

4 Likes

Fully remote works for existing tech stack. But to invent something out of thin air I still think you need in person connection. Hayes Valley is a really cool hood. That park right in the middle of it has an outdoor gym and tons of people working on their laptops.

I saw someone posted a snapshot of demos, presentations and talks during a random week in and around Hayes and the list had like 50 items on it. You almost need an AI to attend the AI talks for you.

Oh try the dumplings at Dumpling Home. Best dumplings in town.

2 Likes

Ok, can’t be that good if 4.5 stars, eh, Fearless Leader??? LOL

You need to make an exception for cerebral valley. People there are smart. I will let that 4.5 stars pass this time.

1 Like

Did not know the pharma bro is into AI nowadays? I’d love to see him in SF.

Damn, f*ck Singapore… buy ANYTHING (commercial RE wise) in Hayes Valley!!! Now!!!

1 Like

Sounds like we are going to be back, rather quickly…

4 Likes

Damn the brand Cerebral Valley is going global! It’s actually a very clever branding. Remember how all the copy cats in the last 20 years named their towns silicon this and silicon that? Austin is “Silicon Hills”, Portland is “Silicon Forest” and NYC has a “Silicon Alley”? All these copy cats are just tiny pussy cats compared to our King Tiger Silicon Valley of course. Pathetic.

SF is now going past all these nonsense and be the first to brand itself as an AI frontier town.

1 Like

Not that I looked deeply into it, but were these cats in SF the first ones to coin it though? Yes, I am happy for it and will run with it but if someone called Silicon Valley aka Cerebral Valley first technically well…

Of course the name is coined by SF locals. Who else know a tiny hood called Hayes Valley? Before this AI business, I knew about HV mostly because of the 101 entrance/exit. It’s the perfect place for techies to live if they need to drive down to Peninsula for work.

1 Like

For those folks wondering where Hayes Valley is…

Come on, you know you miss that $20 avocado toast!!!

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

That’s awesome!!!

Not to go off on a tangent, but I finally met someone over dim sum who not only worked at Google recently but left them instead for some startup action. And no, the person said his team at Google not only was fully intact but hired more people lately during the layoffs. Pretty neat stuff and he seems really, really smart…

Which dim sum place tho?

HL in Burlingame.

Quite nice, warm, but I had to park across the street. My lovely wife apparently knows everyone. She knows the manager who snuck us in for a table rather quickly somehow. The girl don’t play…

Fairly expensive but not bad. Man, these Google aged folks know every freaking Michelin star’d restaurant out there. I don’t stand a chance…

I know the place.

Thought you only go to cheap dim sum places
:thinking:

1 Like

It depends. My close, close friends don’t mind or care for she-she places. Unfortunately, this was an outing with the wife to meet up with an old friend from Malaysia who was in town from way under to visit her son (the ex Google ee). Pretty cool young man. He is paying a sheetful of money for a studio, but I guess when you make gobs of money and can eat at every Michelin place out there life is grand…