Chamath's Tales

Not really, I took my principal out of this. I only have the gains to loose. I entered fairly recently but still seems like forever.

Besides, this is the most fun thing that I have been part of, lost a bid yesterday on that handyman special @Roy321 posted about. Even you, who don’t invest are having a ball of a time trashing it.

I will leave a prediction on this thing. We are only in the 3rd innings.

But they think they are smarter than Newton.

images

Somewhere in the mania phase. Exactly where? Your guess is as good as mine.

Spoke too soon. He doesnt believe in NVDA because, he is working on a competing product.

Wait… but what’s going to prevent you from putting more capital into the game??? :laughing:

1 Like

I might :slight_smile: and loose it all. So I better find a flip soon to tie my captital

1 Like

I have an open mind about bitcoin. It for sure has no utility, like gold has no utility. So I don’t pay much attention to argument saying it’s the new currrency. That’s the wrong angle. It’s not.

What Chamath said makes sense to me. It’s a hedge against the global financial system. Or what Mark Cuban said, it’s a collectible. So putting 1% of one’s networth into it makes sense to me. But I want to put more than that, otherwise it’s not worth doing. So I am still thinking. :thinking:

While you are thinking, you lost an opportunity to make 5% of your networth. Why not enter with 0.25% exposure and dollar cost avg it.

Haha. Everyone joins in.

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

I will let you guys know when I start buying bitcoins. For now I am more excited about China. Have been balancing my stocks away from US and toward China. Recently also started buying China financial stocks. Should keep me busy for awhile.

But I am watching you, bitcoin!

Why dont you short bitcoin @wuqijun and put your money where your mouth is :slight_smile: .You can do it now with CBOE,CME coming in. I think Interactive is offering these contracts.

Jewelry.
Use in PCBs.
Excellent for filling cavities in teeth.
Use in spacecraft and satellites to protect them from solar radiation.
Lasers use gold to focus light.

“No utility” is approximate. Central banks have literally tons of gold in their valves not because they want to make good teeth with it. Similarly you can buy pizza with bitcoins but that’s not what 99.999% of people buy bitcoins for.

As I said before, I’m an investor not a speculator. Shorting is also a form of speculation. So I will never short anything.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yeah right, if you are one of the Mexican drug lords :slight_smile: lol.

Central banks hoarding gold because we use to have a gold standard :grin:
They should release gold on the market, then I can afford to fill my cavities with gold :rofl:

There are plenty of uses for gold, those jokers keep hoarding the gold making it too expensive to be used. Get my point? Is not that gold has no uses, is too expensive to be used for those purposes because some people still think gold is money and hoard them.

Um… if I had to choose between gold and bitcoin… I would gladly choose gold…

You can say the same about bitcoin. People used to buy pizza with bitcoin but now that its value is rocketing up nobody uses it for real. Its utility declines because its price has gone parabolic.

That’s why it’s never a good idea to buy something at that parabolic phase. Wait for the price to stabilize! I’m sorry to say but you already missed out on the buying opportunity over a year ago. You absolutely have to wait until the price flatlines again before diving in.

Also, if bitcoin really were world-changing as pundits evisioned it to be, then buying it even 3 years from now should yield very healthy gains for you.