Cheapest House in Atherton

Would 1 acre lot in Atherton (say Lindenwood area) be more desirable as one lot or split for say 10 townhomes or 4 SFH? I thought one of the unique value props for Atherton is those lots being 1 acres.

2 Likes

I think Lindenwood is the wrong area for this. I could definitely see it along El Camino, Marsh Road (but only opening out to Marsh) as well as Alameda de Las Pulgas, but Lindenwood seems weird.

I also don’t think they should do townhouses. They should match the servant’s quarters design - 6K lots with full houses and backyards.

1 Like

Fun fact can be neighbors with Steph Curry, its probably going to cost you

The new YIMBY state laws are designed to overrule neighbors’ and towns’ objections. Let’s see how well they work in practice.

How much would they get for split lot in Atherton say 0.5 acres with newly built 3000 sqft house? 5M like in PA? Or more?

1 Like

Depends on where it’s zoned for. I don’t think $5M would be unreasonable for a new large house on a large lot though even if zoned for Woodside HS and Henry Ford.

1 Like

“The town received a third application for 125 Glenwood Ave. on March 31. The most recent application was for 94 Palmer Lane, submitted on Wednesday, May 4. The Palmer Lane home sold in March for about $4.8 million, according to Zillow.”

Interesting… Palmer has smaller parcels on the RWC side IIRC. Wouldn’t even be all that weird in that neighborhood… Glenwood is close to a set of townhouses and a ton of apartment buildings/condos. Also not that weird.