Asia Pacific Stocks

@tomato zombied my post again…

Well it’s time to practice being greedy when others are scared. Didn’t everybody say they like to buy when prices are low? See how hard it is psychologically? The same will be true if and when the housing crash comes. It’s never easy to buy when there’s blood on the street.

3 Likes

Not at 52 week low yet.

Chinese stocks != when prices are low.

One can choose to ignore particular investment hyphotehesis. I would never buy pharma, for example.

What happens if you quote him in the textbox? Does it disappear too?

no, it does not.
I removed the text because it had some identifying info, or so i thought.
The chart was simply SHA index chart from google for max duration. 2007 there was a run up, and another one around 2014-2015.

SHA doesn’t mean much. The good quality companies are listed either in HK or US. What’s left are mostly crap. Also because of china’s closed capital account it’s almost all domestic retail money. That’s why it’s completely divorced from china’s economic growth.

Stocks listed in US indexes are also not doing terribly well…
Is there an ETF tracking chinese companies listed in US?

It’s not doing well in the last 6 months.

asking etf to treat it as an index :slight_smile:

Not divorced. Long term trend is up and up. Only subject to the wildest swings imaginable of an index. Now is at a trough (meaning good time to load up).

Chinese stock market return is negative over the last 20 years if you factor in inflation. That’s what i mean they are divorced.

MCHI is best China ETFs. Since the trade war started, all China Stocks are going down.

This didn’t look particularly cheap these days. Maybe if it drops to 45.

It’s negative only because it’s in a trough. All the more reason to load up now.

Biotech? For dividends, CVS is good :grinning:

CVS is more retail, isn’t it? I am talking more bio-tech.

Even old men like WB and Munger bought Chinese shares though, long before they started buying techs like IBM and Apple.

This one is close to 52 week low fitting @harriet’s strict criteria.

BYDDF : Buy your dimsum dinner free?