Climate Change

Like I said before. People can function perfectly fine believing the earth is flat. No need to sweat it.

Like this? (2018 article though)

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/mean-world-syndrome-in-some-seattle-neighborhoods-fear-of-crime-exceeds-reality/

1 Like

More like this.

What site is this?

I tried to click on that survey link but got 404 error instead. Made up fake news?

Better stick with more reputable sources to avoid pseudo science.

Reputable scientists say earth is flat then is flat?

Engineers disagree all the time… that’s what what keeps the legal profession lucrative. Same with scientists. Especially with weak empirical data used for promoting the religious global warming nuts. Sorry but they they don’t know the cause, they don’t have a handle on predicting or prevention . They just believe that Americans should surrender to their cause and hope that the third world will swallow their koolaid, which they won’t.

Link still works fine for me - and contains further links to source material.
Reputable sources? Pseudoscience? And you’re quoting Wiki?

Depends on how much you know about the subject.

Let’s say you are the PM of Singapore. You aren’t expert on this subject. You want to know if this “climate change” thing is real and whether your country needs to do anything. How would you proceed?

Do you seek the advice of reputable scientists? Or do you go on some random conspiracy website and read the garbage there?

It’s all a game. The dumb ones will be lead around by zealots. The smart ones will do their own research

1 Like

The anti vax people who took horse medicine for Covid were “doing their own research”.

I live at 6200’ . I don’t care about global warming, actually sounds good to me. Don’t care about oceans rising. Don’t care about “droughts”… most important I will never become vegan. The zealots can kiss my ass. BTW, I do believe in vaccines and science.

If I am a politician, I don’t care about the truth nor who is correct. Whichever action yield max benefits/ gains, is where I stand.

1 Like

I’d advise you do the same here. I have said many times already. People who believe the earth is flat function just fine.

Just realize the political and financial implications of the climate movement.

As in? Benefit from the EV momentum? I did. You’re the one who didn’t own any EV and alternative energy stocks :slight_smile:

Notice even though I don’t believe climate change is due to human activities, I join buying EV and alternative energy stocks, and sold all my oil stocks.

Are you sure?

1 Like

This is the new twist in climate politics that has me most excited. Climate change is used as a reason to push YIMBY and pro-growth agenda.

And it’s working.

Always wonder what those people moving from the bay to Phoenix, Vegas and Texas were thinking. Just stay indoor 24 hours a day during summer?

1 Like

They are not outdoor people. Humidity heat bugs… no problem if you stay indoors. Hike to Scott lake yesterday. No tourists
No indoor people. 60s temps. Lake ice cold. 8100’

2 Likes

I am not a big outdoor person. But I can’t handle being jailed up in a house 24/7 months on end. Couple days back we walked around Presidio in perfect SF weather and it was stunningly beautiful. Two weeks ago we went camping in Yosemite.

This state has problems no doubt about it. What place doesn’t have problems? But California is also the most beautiful place with the most amazing weather on this planet. Don’t let doom loop ideologies ruin it for you. Go touch some grass for real.

1 Like