Comprehensive List Of Best Home/Apt Rental Websites + Apps

1 Like

A great new app for you investor types who drive around looking for real estate signs…(Android only for now though). Realtor.com is stepping up its game!!!

1 Like

Add this one…

I own a couple of single family rental houses in bay area. Have not listed for rent in the past 5 years. I used craigslist and zillow in the past. Where do the property owners on this forum list rental nowadays? Is zillow still a good place to list? Thanks.

Hi there! You know, what I did with my Sunset home was to list in NextDoor. Yeah, worked out beautifully. Surely, someone who is in your home’s neighborhood probably knows a good candidate or friend that is looking. For me, it worked too well (I may need to kick out great gal down the road so that we can move back in).

Yes, Redfin, Zillow, Trulia are still used and I forget which are related or linked. I am not a Meta user, but I wonder if that medium might work or not.

Good luck!

Zillow is still a popular platform for listing rental properties, as it has a large user base and is easy to use. There are also other options you can consider. For instance, you might want to check out sites like Apartments.com, Rent.com, and Avail.co, which are also popular among renters and landlords alike.

I listed my rental recently. Just want to share my experience. It was on the market for 7 days.

1. In the Bay Area, Zillow is the most popular. 435 views and 21 inquiries. Of course not all the inquiries resulted in actual showing. A few are Q&A. Some are selling property management service.

2. Apartments.com. 5065 views and 1 inquiry. The view is data provided by website. I suspect this view # is misleading. It probably included search results, rather than actual views.

By the way, I choose to do the application, lease, and rental management using Apartments.com

1. Avail.co. I used this mainly for realtor.com, which is popular for other areas, like for relocation. The posting form is quite misleading. It requires phone number to proceed. I entered my phone # initially. Later I found out I can enter 000-000-0000 to bypass. Once the posting went live, I got like > 10 calls in around 4 hours. All are from realtors claiming they have qualified candidate and/or selling property management service.
2 Likes

What, no Craigslist???

Thanks for sharing.
I get many hits with Facebook Marketplace too.