Construction workers have the highest suicide rates?

I can’t believe this. Every construction worker I met till now seemed cheerful and enjoying their job. So sad.

How can hard labor be enjoyable. It’s counterintuitive.

I wonder what would be the suicide rate of an investor. I guess we’ll find out in the next Great Recession… :rofl:

I would think that building something physical gives you lot more satisfaction than lets say software. Also since there seems to be a huge shortage of construction workers, I thought working conditions would be good.

We won’t be around for the next one. That’s why it’s Great Recession. :grinning:

1 Like

This is not lego. The only time you gain satisfaction from hard work is if you actually benefit from the fruits of labor. Working as a construction worker for someone else is like working at the sweatshop.

That’s harsh! :grinning: You may be right. Just didn’t picture them as so unhappy. They included craftsmen also in the list. That’s like plumbers and electricians. They certainly make a decent living. Why are they hurting so badly?

Just keeping it real - the world is not all roses and butterflies. Called a plumber a few months ago - the guy complained non-stop while he was fixing my bathroom sink about how his wife looked down on his occupation.

That’s pretty sad. I need to be more nice to them next time.