Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

Time to shave your beard guys!

1 Like

:scream: :scream_cat: :scream:

1 Like

South Korea is out of control.

Solano county, receiving treatment in Sac.

You might want to avoid Asian restaurants for a bit.

UC Davis medical center.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/local-news/newly-diagnosed-coronavirus-patient-being-treated-at-uc-davis-medical-center/

So far, S Korea CDC has tested 53,000 cases and confirmed about 1600 cases. (3%)
US CDC has tested 445 cases and confirmed 14 cases. (3%)

4 Likes

The article makes the cdc look bad. Patient was transported on Wednesday to UCD (intubated and a ventilator) and UCD requested that they test him last Wednesday, finally tested on Sunday, and then confirmed the results today. Should have been tested right away.

Don’t ask don’t test. :scream:

Singapore means business. One guy has his immigration visa cancelled and forever banned from entry because he didn’t follow quarantine order.

“Preparedness for a pandemic is relatively the same as the preparedness that people like me have been urging on the American public since 9/11, whether it’s for a hurricane or an earthquake,” she said. The first rule of thumb she offers is that “the first 72 is on you”: If you can, you should have on hand what you would need to live self-sufficiently in your home for three days, as you wait for a government disaster response to ramp up. That’s food, water (a gallon per person per day), medication, diapers, pet food, etc. — and it’s why I bought the rice and beans.

Don’t we all have 72 hrs of supplies?

Have you stocked up on toilet paper yet?

:cold_face:

Long before virus scare, have bought toilet paper on discount (still unopened) from Costco. One extra strong, one extra soft. So can last months. Anyhoo, I habitually stock supplies that last months. I have water, rice and dry noodles that last months.

He didn’t read the article and mislead by headline.
Let me summarize what the article says.

1. Number of peple who got tested: 1848
  2. Number of ppl who got the result: 1016
  3. Num of ppl who got positive: 842
  4. Num of ppl who are waiting for tests: 7446

As far as i remember, the number of church members are something like 50,000.
They are testing people who were in contact with confirmed cases and/or have symptom.

2 Likes

Look like there is no standardized way of classifying people into negative and positive.
Some nations e.g. Japan classified asymptomatic as negative while others e.g. Singapore classified as positive. According to Director-General of WHO, if all adopt Singapore classification, their confirmed cases would have triple.

Read somewhere is 200,000.

Journalist don’t understand statistics.

2 Likes

Is it coincidental that the Travis Air Force Base is also in Solano County - I wonder if the people who quarantined for 14 days but subsequently released actually had the virus and roamed around the county.

2 Likes

Alternatively those working in Travis Air Force get those viruses on their clothes and spread it inadvertently.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/27/california-is-monitoring-8400-people-for-the-coronavirus.html