COVID-19 in Santa Clara County with unknown origin

Just jump into the shower and wash it off. Much better than any paper. Maybe it’s finally time to invest money into a fancy Japanese toilet that shoots water into your ass. :rofl:

We got toilet paper from amazon. If even amazon sold out it’s the end of civilization.

2 Likes

Exactly :grinning:

Only kiasu people in SV stocked up toilet paper. Everywhere else, tons.

Many households in Singapore have that. My Singapore condo has that. Not expensive to retrofit one. In old HDB, toilet bowl is inside the bath room, so can connect a hose to the tap and shoot your backside and frontside.

Yeah, that makes some sense now. It looks like I am a few steps behind in catching up with the crisis. :slight_smile:

No I haven’t had the chance to use old newspaper. Now I only read digital version. It looks like I lost that opportunity forever. :rofl:

1 Like

We stocked up on TP as well. Why not? As long as there’s running water, you should wipe your butt properly. Sure I could use rags and wash them, but I was hoping my days of diaper laundry were over.

1 Like

Do you still get the flyers in the mail for local grocery stores?

Speaking of mail:

1 Like

Ok. Definitely time to stock up on Toilet paper and skip the newsprint.

SC county hardest hit in Bay Area. SF still has 0.

Gotta wonder how hard SF is trying to test…

Don’t worry, SC doesn’t have a Little Italy or Chinatown. It will catch up soon.

" A UC Davis vice chancellor wrote in an internal email that the CDC did not initially agree to the testing because the woman did not meet its criteria, which include recent trips to China or contact with someone who has the disease.

The CDC changed those testing criteria Thursday to include people who have been hospitalized with a fever and severe respiratory illness like pneumonia, without an alternative diagnosis."

1 Like

So now tell me again why SF has zero cases? Not testing anybody? Not testing the right people? Using the faulty tests???

1 Like

I don’t think it’s up local authority whether they test or not. It’s the CDC who makes the calls. Not saying SF is superior in any way. We are all in this together. Just pointing out people’s assumptions sometimes don’t match well with reality.

Yes I do. I also got quite some election flyers recently, with glossy papers. :rofl:

I used to hate glossy when I lived in La Honda. That stuff doesn’t even make good fire starting material. I can’t even line snake cages with it as it’s not at all absorbent. For some reason I still don’t get any of those here in AZ. CA should just ban them. It’s assault advertising. They ban everything else.

2 Likes

CDC showed hubris in this coronavirus epidemic. They were overly confident with their understanding how contagious diseases can spread. They totally ignored the reports from China that there were asymptomatic carriers.

If their actions were caused by the lack of test kits, at the very minimum, they should have set the guideline for the medical facilities to take pre-caution for any patient with respiratory symptoms.

3 Likes

Even if a vaccine is found it won’t be very efficacious.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

1 Like